DASH CAM HELP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I have an ENYAQ iV 60 NAV looking to fit a Nextbase hardwire kit for my dash cam, it is recommend using a permanent live fuse, for when parked up or overnight. For the Intelligent parking mode. I have found the fuse box, and looking at the Fuses overview I notice that there are 6 not used fuses (10-12-15-16-24-and 33) would it be OK to use one of these? If the fuse is permanently Live, If not witch other fuse is best to use.
It’s a minefield
Thanks Gremlin

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If the fuse way is empty but produces a permanent live feed you can use it, if no use a splice fuse and take a supply out a populated fuse way you know is permanent.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

How will you be running the cable from the fuse box to the windscreen?

I was planning to fit mine the same I have done on previous car. I would route the cable under the trim from the fuse box, up the A pillar then under the roof liner.

But I found an airbag under the trim at the top of the A pillar.

I decided not to fit it yet, since I didn’t want to interfere with the airbag.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’m surprised that manufacturers haven’t started fitting USB ports somewhere near or in the rear view mirror yet, for dash cams!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Some do, and often there's a convenient 12V supply to the rear view mirror if it's auto-dimming that you can tap into if not. Just depends if you mind splicing into cables or prefer a totally removable setup.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

The cable runs nicely up the pillar rubber seal

So doesn’t need to actually go behind the plastic panel

A73B511E-3797-4F31-A255-C1501A814A3D.jpeg

9BA654AC-F055-4DFF-AC3A-58B77ADFAC90.jpeg

Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

And I used a piggy back fuse

If you plug it into the bottom right fuse it’s ignition live (rear wiper I believe)

If you plug it into the central lowest fuse it’s permanent live (heating)

Hope that helps

Just make sure you plug the fuse back exactly where it came from or you will have a few hours thinking you have just broken a very expensive vehicle (not that I did that of course)
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

DazF05 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:02 am The cable runs nicely up the pillar rubber seal

So doesn’t need to actually go behind the plastic panel A73B511E-3797-4F31-A255-C1501A814A3D.jpeg
Hey

Yes that is how I would do mine.

But when you get to the top of the A pillar there is an airbag under the trim.

I have indicated this on an attached picture.

You would have to route the cable over the top of an airbag. Which I considered to be dangerous.

I have seen someone on YouTube doing it on and ID.4 where he put the cable underneath the airbag. But I didn’t fancy that either.

3062D378-5300-459D-A23E-DCBD4598FA7D.jpeg

Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I just tucked it in slightly over the top as well

It went in pretty easily

And it also just tucked into the headlining easily

To be honest I didn’t realise there was an airbag in the pillar when I fitted mine a few weeks ago, I just didn’t want to pull the car apart unnecessarily

It is only tucked in by 5mm so I can’t see it being an issue
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

DazF05 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:23 pm I just tucked it in slightly over the top as well

It went in pretty easily

And it also just tucked into the headlining easily

To be honest I didn’t realise there was an airbag in the pillar when I fitted mine a few weeks ago, I just didn’t want to pull the car apart unnecessarily

It is only tucked in by 5mm so I can’t see it being an issue

I hope if the airbag is ever deployed it wont snag on your cable or it'll end up being useless for the poor occupant.

Its an easy job to remove the A pillar trim and route the cable correctly. Just need a bit of patience, a simple plastic leverage tool and a pair of long nose pliers. You dont even have to remove the pillar trim completely - just pull it away enough to gain access to route the cable safely at the top.

PLEASE FOR SAFETYS SAKE follow the following instruction from the Skoda Enyaq workshop manual.

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post