What do people think of the Enyaq’s pathetic horn?!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I was surprised when I heard it for the first time on a YouTube review. The iD.4 is the same (not sure about the Audi Q4 e-tron which is essentially the same thing. Haven’t heard it yet).

I’ve been used to loud, effective two-tone horns for a very long time - and do admit to perhaps blasting them a bit longer than necessary when someone cuts me up or whatever 😈😈😈!

However personally, I think the Enyaq’s horn is pathetic! I’d be embarrassed to use it to be honest - at least, where I feel a ‘reprimand’ is necessary (yes I know that’s not what they’re for. I’ve been driving German cars for a long time, so it goes with the territory, right? - you have to hold the horn down for at least 5 seconds longer than necessary or press it no less than 10 times in rapid succession!)

Just wondering what the logic is for VW group to have chosen something more likely to be found on a VW ‘Up’ ?!

Perhaps it’s just me…. ?!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I bought a new VW T-Roc nearly 3 years ago, and that came with a single pathetic horn. I quickly changed it to a more satisfactory 2 horn system from Hella. Apparently earlier models used to have 2 horn setup but I guess due to cost cutting they decided to only fit one !
Looks like Skoda is the same !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
hergus

Post by hergus »

A loud horn is unnecessary for a quiet car, especially as I find other drivers are treating me with respect (so far). Having said that I am looking forward to the Colonel Bogey horn update, or possibly the Laurel & Hardy theme tune (I guess you have to be a certain age).
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Never had reason to use it in 3 months of ownership. Now I'm curious...
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I’m not necessarily saying that I think it’s quiet… it’s more the fact that it’s a single tone, relatively high pitched ‘toot’ as opposed to the satisfactory ‘blast’ you’re going to get, if you upset an Audi driver 🤣

Buses are the same to be honest - a somewhat weedy little ‘peep’ !!

This guy has the right idea: 😆

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I don’t use it because it’s embarrassing
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

C2atb wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:10 pm I don’t use it because it’s embarrassing
👍

I started this thread before I got my Enyaq.

Let’s just say since getting the Enyaq, I’ve become a ‘nicer person’ - more forgiving towards people who pull out in front of me from the left at roundabouts, and so on 🤣
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

Just got my Enyaq and the horn is a pathetic beep. My other half reckons Skoda have done it to cut down on road ragers leaning on the horn aggressively (me I think she means). She could be right because I’m too embarrassed to press it for whatever reason
TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

I haven't used mine yet, I think i'll have to give it a try....probably easy to replace....perhaps with one from an Amtrak goods train?
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
dezember

Post by dezember »

Is it easy to replace the horn in the Enyaq?
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post