Dash cam

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

ChangoMutney wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:14 pm Just to clarify, I was thinking I might mount a completely separate camera on the back like a 322 or 422 and just have the stand-alone 622 at the front, rather than the rear-facing Auxillary camera plugged into the front camera. It would mean 2 completely separate cameras, but would it avoid the interference issue? Presumably it would result in a better quality rear facing image? I'm not experienced with these sorts of things, so not sure if power rather than signal would still cause a radio signal issue.

I've done just that. I've got a 522 in front and didn't fancy running a cable to the back.
Was going to mount the 322 to the side so as not to obstruct the view, but noticed yesterday that outside the wiper arc has really poor visibility in crap weather.
So I mounted it top centre. 322 is about 80% the size of a 522.
Radio 2 is fine, if that helps.

tiger tony wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:09 pm
Enyaq wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:16 pm Is the 12v socket in the boot live all the time or is that ignition switched....?
viewtopic.php?t=1295

Many thanks for that! I've done a bodge job at the moment, running the cable under the edge of the trim to the side, and with enough slack to open the boot and then run under the rubber strip at the side until it's below the level of the luggage blind, and then to the 12V socket, held in place with some twist ties threaded through open slots under the bag hooks. That's when I, too, noticed the socket is always on.

In the summer I might pluck up the courage to get the boot trim off and tap off an existing ignition-on connection. And sort out the front one, too. Currently, cable is hanging down behind the infotainment screen and plugging into one of the usb ports. Not so pretty.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

tiger tony wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:09 pm
Enyaq wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:16 pm Is the 12v socket in the boot live all the time or is that ignition switched....?
viewtopic.php?t=1295

Cheers for that pointer, worked for me.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Houndog6105

Post by Houndog6105 »

I'm looking to hardwire my front dash cam to the fuse box in my enyaq coupe

Could somebody please advise which fuses i can use for the following please

Accessory power (while car is running) - which fuse to use?

Battery power (power all time for parking mode) - which fuse to use?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post