230V socket rating

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
npintar

Post by npintar »

I've been looking through the manual and can't find much information about 230V socket, except it shouldn't be used with fluorescent lamps. Did anyone figure out what the rating is and how is it connected to the electrical system? Does it go through the 12V system or is it connected to the HV battery? Also, in 2nd case, any chance to make it on even when there's no ignition?

Thanks,
Nejc

RichR

Post by RichR »

The problem is that you're asking on a UK based forum, and the 230V socket isn't available in the UK unlike other parts of Europe (unless it's now been introduced on the 85s).

The wiring diagram online shows that it is indeed a 12V-230V inverter, supplied via a 30A fuse on the main 12V fusebox. So that would make me think it's probably restricted to 300W maximum. Fine for charging a laptop, but not boiling a kettle :) You almost certainly don't want it powered with the car switched off as the 12V battery in the Enyaq is very small and not really up to running much more than the locks, communication and alarm systems, or the infotainment for a short period.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

The 230V socket is powered by a 12V battery and remains ON, for another 10 minutes, after the ignition is switched off. So, with the car stationary, if you want to use the socket for a long time, you must turn ON the ignition, or the air conditioner, so that the 12V battery is charged from the main battery. If I remember correctly, 150W will work.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
npintar

Post by npintar »

Ok, does anyone have experience with V2L adapters? I'd really fancy using the big battery when camping in the wild
Blacksel

Post by Blacksel »

npintar wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:01 pm Ok, does anyone have experience with V2L adapters? I'd really fancy using the big battery when camping in the wild
I am very keen also on this, does anyone know if this has been released?
Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post