Intelligent Octopus

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

Hi
I have also got the home location set for preferred time charging. Did this as found I didn’t get OI smart schedule frequently so car just didn’t charge at all.
Last time I did charge it actually set me a notification of times it would charge. However it only got to 72% as during most of charge it only took 4.8kw.
I must say it has been more of a hassle than I expected to get the cheap charging working right.
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue

spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Trying non octopus charge yesterday. plugged in 3pm set to preferred charge sched in car. Sched was 2335 to 0525.
2340 charge hadn't started. Had to go out and unplug/replug charged. Worked fine after that.
Why didn't the Sched charge work first time?
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Ken3966 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 pm You don’t need to disable Octopus. If you tell the car that your charger is the home location, you can then set up a preferred charging time when at that location. I have it set 23:35 to 05:25.
This option only appears when actually at the home location. On the right side of the charging screen there is then an option to charge now, or at preferred time. Select the preferred time option and no matter whether or not Octopus sets a schedule it will start charging at 23:35 and continue to the limit set in car if it can achieve that by 05:25.
That works well providing Octopus plays ball. If they set a schedule, stop at the end of one of their periods & then fail to restart (usually Skoda's fault) you will not get the charge you were expecting.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

No the preferred location schedule overrides anything Octopus sets up, and works locally from the car. It’s only if the schedule is setting the charges that a Skoda app failure can cause issues as Octopus can’t contact the car to start and stop charging.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
orrery

Post by orrery »

I've started setting the charger to a timed period of 23.30 to 05.30.
At least then, if IOG doesn't kick in at 23.30 with a schedule, the car will start charging as default anyway and will be up to 100% in the morning. Better to get 100% by accident instead of 80%, rather than not charging by accident.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

The counter point is the more layers of stuff fighting with each other, the more chance of stuff going wrong.

My own Enyaq has nothing configured at all, no timers, no home locations or preferred charging times. The wallbox is a dumb Rolec and just provides juice whenever.

I've had IO fail to charge i think once in 2 years. It has always been very reliable for me. Infact the thing thats caused me the most trouble is the wallbox itself, which has tripped its RCD a couple times for unknown reasons resulting in no charge.

That said, i've not used IO for the last 2 months as the cars been in the dealership, so perhaps theres just been a spate of poor performance recently and i've missed it all...
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Have to agree with Aragorn, I deleted any schedules from the Zappi ( and never got anything resembling a regular charge from the cars own schedules so cleared those months ago)

Touch wood, IO has charged every time I have asked it too up to the requested 80%.

Incidentally we always request the charge complete by 0430 so if the Powerwall gets emptied it still has time to recharge. The last charge session actually started at 2300 and it’s the first time we have had any charge outside of the 2330-0530 window. A strange one as we were only adding 20% so there was plenty of time in between 2330 and 0430 and it wasn’t windy either.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Aragorn wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:34 pm
My own Enyaq has nothing configured at all, no timers, no home locations or preferred charging times. The wallbox is a dumb Rolec and just provides juice whenever.
.... It has always been very reliable for me..
Exactly the same set up and just as reliable.
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

Aragorn wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:34 pm The counter point is the more layers of stuff fighting with each other, the more chance of stuff going wrong.

I've had IO fail to charge i think once in 2 years. It has always been very reliable for me. Infact the thing thats caused me the most trouble is the wallbox itself, which has tripped its RCD a couple times for unknown reasons resulting in no charge.

That said, i've not used IO for the last 2 months as the cars been in the dealership, so perhaps theres just been a spate of poor performance recently and i've missed it all...
I've only had mine since October last year and have been on IOG since about a week in (it was when Skoda was messing with the API) and have only had one time when Octopus didn't give me any slots, which I spotted and set a charge in the core periods). I should also say, I've done over 5600 miles and apart from a couple of holidays away from home, have charged at home.

I have a Zappi and as well as having it set to be in the correct Fast mode when using the car integration, I have made the charge default to Fast after a reboot (The normal default is ECO+) , no schedules in anything, charger or car, home location set and charger max SOC% to 100%.

So certainly here I've had no recent performance issues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post