12v socket doesn’t seems to cut off

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

HarryHuk wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:53 pm

PS, I'm guessing the flexible yellow plastic tag with the read-the-manual icon is a no touchy? Primary fuse for everything non-high voltage?
Its one of the Emergency Cut out connections for the vehicle. It removes supply to all the HV control gear.

There's also a removable small electrical plug under the bonnet near the battery area. Both are used for the Emergency services to make vehicle safe after an accident etc.

Best not to touch, god knows what software problems it may cause ! !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

Stepmb

Post by Stepmb »

Moving Fuse 52 just makes the 12v socket permanently dead on my 2023 vRS.
sads45

Post by sads45 »

I am trying to instal a rear dashcam and want to power it from the boot 12v socket. I have tried moving fuse 52 to the upper position but there is then no power to the socket whether the car is "on" or "off". With the fuse in the lower position the socket is powered al the time. Any idea as to how I make the boot 12v socket switch "on" and "off" with the car?
vmajhu

Post by vmajhu »

Not an ideal solution but I found a remote controlled USB switch on Amazon so that I can at least remote power my rear dash cam from the driver’s seat.

I have the same issue, 12v socket doesn’t switch off when car is off and moving fuse 52 just keeps the 12v socket off.

On Amazon UK I purchased a Lumindoodle USB Switch and Dimmer. Wired as follows: 12v socket USB adapter > Lumindoodle USB Switch > Dash Cam. I did find I needed to keep the USB Switch on high to power the dash cam. Only been 48hrs but appears to be working well.
Decide

Post by Decide »

Might be a bit over kill, but this is a possibiity:

RHUNDO-RS20-MASTER

with Battery Discharge Prevention.

edit: Amazon link not showing
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

It seems they changed the wiring of fuse 52 at some point and it only works on the early cars. :(
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post