Puddle lights broken up

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I had software update 94r6 BCM yesterday which I was told limits current to the puddle lights. Not sure if it will fix the broken up issue. I’ve had mine replaced under warranty once but not looking forward to having to replace them out of warranty!
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

Duderooner

Post by Duderooner »

I just had my drivers side one replaced for the second time as it only lasted about 6 weeks after being replaced. The first lasted about 18 months.
Itsmeagain69

Post by Itsmeagain69 »

I just had mine replaced under warranty,

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0540.jpeg

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Contacted Skoda Customer Services and was advised that software update 94r6 BCM is not applicable to my car and my software is up to date. However, just checked my puddle lights only to find the offside one is beginning to break up. I cannot understand how some cars can apparently have a software fix and yet others like mine simply have the unit replaced only to fail again.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I wonder if the hardware changed at some point - though there seems to be a fairly even spread of older cars like mine and also newer ones suffering from the issue.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

When I had my first replacements, about 12 months ago, specifically asked if the hardware replacement unit had been upgraded. Was advised by my Dealer that it had not - apparently there is an “R” after the part number if it has been upgraded/changed from the original part number. I’m not rushing to have the current broken light replaced but when I do intend taking the correspondence from Skoda with me and checking whether there have been any changes to the replacement unit. Be interesting to see what I’m told this time🤣
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I just had both my puddle lamps replaced and I asked them about the software update and they were clueless. They admitted to changing loads of lamps but didn't know of the permanent cure.
It was in having the sunroof controls looked at which still suffered from intermittent switch failures which I was told previously that the last software update would cure. Of course, when the car went in the sunroof and blind started working properly but they said that the computer when plugged in to the car told them that I needed a new switch binacle installing which they did the same day. All seems good at the moment and actually the slider switches feel different as I can now feel the switch in the middle of the sliders (just a very small lump under the surface in the middle of the sliders) which I couldn't before.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

That centre roof switch/lighting bit seems to have had a few revisions over the years - for example it gained buttons for calling Skoda on the right, which those of us with earlier models don't have (just courtesy light setting and passenger airbag status). Caused an issue when they did my ME3.2 update as the control module was expecting the later style unit and kept reporting a failure to read the buttons. Because they didn't exist :D Once they'd checked with Skoda HQ they could change a setting so that it'd accept the older style unit.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
andym69

Post by andym69 »

I've had 2 puddle light replacements so far on my Enyaq and the second replacement has now gone again on both sides. The car is due a service for breaks and air con but I've putting this off as the dealer service team isn't very helpful - so it's never a pleasant experience.

In addition, my front light console has stopped working, with the courtesy lights switched permanently off - at some point I need to bite the bullet and book the car in, again.
Delivered October 2021: Enyaq iV 60 Lounge, Race Blue Metallic, Assisted Drive Basic, Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Light and View Basic.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post