Strange one for you

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

So here’s a weird one. Yesterday I drove my Enyaq to the football and back and when I got home I had around 15 miles of range left. The car had gone to snail mode etc. I’m guessing that’s to allow me to get somewhere to charge. I wasn’t overly concerned by this and thought when I get home I’ll plug it in and give it a wash. As I’m washing I notice there’s a red light next to where it’s plugged in. So I unplug and plug back in. It does the white flashing light (which I later find out is a hand shake between the car and the wall charger to see if they like each other) and then the red light came back on. So I plugged my wife’s electric car in on my wire and bang charging.

Obviously I was cacking myself now so I pressed the little i button in the car and spoke to lovely lady who put me instantly through to roadside.

They were on my driveway within an hour. And within that hour I had constant updates. How brilliant.

The engineer ran a diagnostic and said the car for some reason doesn’t like my wall charger. Which is a hive charger and we never had any issues before. So the mechanic followed me to a public charger and boom charging. So I put 20% battery on and went home again.

Plugged it in and boom charging. How weird?? I’m wondering if your car gets that low it needs a super charger, or a hyper charger in this case, never seen one of them before, (and by the way I was pouring money into the machine lol) it was that expensive.

Maybe my wall charger was t powerful enough to put some life into the car. Anyway just thought I’d share that with you all. Boring I know but horrible for me.
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs

Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

I’ve gotten down to 1 or 2% a couple of time and have never had this issue. I’ve also seen the red light before when plugged in but I can’t recall the scenario but it didn’t cause any issue when it came to charging - I’ll see if what happens tonight.

It’s probably worth trying the classic “have you turned it off and on” fix - my Zappi was being odd a few months back and I power cycled it from the consumer box and that did the trick
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus alloys,
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
Ordered 20/10/21 - Delivered 19/07/22
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

Ouvavou wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:11 pm I’ve gotten down to 1 or 2% a couple of time and have never had this issue. I’ve also seen the red light before when plugged in but I can’t recall the scenario but it didn’t cause any issue when it came to charging - I’ll see if what happens tonight.

It’s probably worth trying the classic “have you turned it off and on” fix - my Zappi was being odd a few months back and I power cycled it from the consumer box and that did the trick
Yeah I turned the charger on and off and still didn’t work. I wonder if it was just having a bit of a brain fart
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

What amazes me most, is that it had gone in to snail mode, with 15 miles left, you should have about 4-5% still.

Have seen the red light on the charge port myself, although only on DC chargers.
Maybe just a “usual hiccup” in the software.
If any issues seen, I usually reboot the infotainment system, and see if that sorts it out
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I get the red light when my charger has its timer enabled.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Aragorn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 am I get the red light when my charger has its timer enabled.
Same
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I get the red light when using mine every day when on timer or solar only. The car is always open to being charged but the Zappi controls the flow. It will only charge overnight or when the sun shines. If neither of these two conditions are met, you get a red light. Is there a reason why your wall unit wasn't able to dispense?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

No reason at all. Just didn’t like the car for some reason. It’s charging fine now. Must of been a blip.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post