2024 version is now official

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

80 loft no option’s whatsoever. Poverty colour

EVNewbie

Post by EVNewbie »

I went for 80X Sportline Plus, Race Blue, 20” Vega Anthracite, Maxx pack, Panoramic sunroof, heat pump, Transport pack and partition load net.

At point of order I was quoted anywhere from 18 to 58 weeks. Think it’s the spec affecting the lead time for me too.
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

I was originally told mine would be a MY24 - then due to delays, now will be MY23 - one of the last ones :( - but I have yet to get a date confirmed - though may be due to it being through OctopusEV.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

EVNewbie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:09 pm I went for 80X Sportline Plus, Race Blue, 20” Vega Anthracite, Maxx pack, Panoramic sunroof, heat pump, Transport pack and partition load net.

At point of order I was quoted anywhere from 18 to 58 weeks. Think it’s the spec affecting the lead time for me too.
Well my spec is very basic. I was given the same outline weeks as you. Original estimate end of November. Same lease company and dealer. But my dates were Tusker order 22/6/23. LookersFleet 18/7/23. Which if I remember correctly were well before yours. Silver linings perhaps is we both might end up with a MY24. With needing a four will notice for build we’re both on at least KW44/45 at the earliest which is 24 territory.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I am really disappointed with skoda. The OTA updates are a mess. New versions of cars and system come and they have hands full with everything.

Now the MY24 car basically is and update of the battery size to keep public interest up. They advertize increased range as if it was something huge, but slapping extra capacity to a Toyota Rav4 phev makes it go further, too. So what? That just shows Skoda being ignorant and focusing on all the wrong things. Increasing battery size makes the car heavier and mlre importantly more expensive!

Other manufacturers, such as kia, hyundai and tesla have just updated their lineup with visible facelift models that focus on improving aerodynamics and therefore efficiency. More range with the same battery. More importantly Tesla has always had the best range with least battery capacity.

In my opinion Skoda has their head buried in the sand with the EV business. Sure I like the car and have no complaints about the ride, but it is their PR and development that has me really frustrated. They seem so clueless on what to do.
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

The 85 isn't an upgrade of battery size.

The 85 has exactly the same batteries as the 80.

The extra range is achieved by new motors and new battery management.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Hopefully axial motor will take off in the near future which will bring AWD to all EVs and significant savings on weigh also.

Dunno how the battery technology will evolve. LFP is likely to dominate on cheap/mid price point but cobalt chem battery will still be king for performance.

From what I read solid state battery are absolute pipedreans.
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

I suggest caution. Lesson learnt over the past 2 years is that ordering an Enyaq, or any MEB, may be a financial suicide.
a) Current Enyaqs are on the VAG platform "MEB". That doesn't change for MY24s
b) New pre-MY24 are on sw v3.5
c) Many Pre-MY24 Enyaqs are still on sw v 2. And 3. 2, 2 years on. They are being upgraded slowly, apparently, to 3.0 or 3.2, not even to 3.5. That’s another chapter, good luck with that.
d) Anyway, Skoda has announced multiple times that no car on 3 will get the upgrade to 4, nor will jump to a subsequent version of the OS - or taken to a new OS altogether, which would offer backward compatibility.
An example:

tweet.png

f) Skoda, and VAG are not offering hardware upgrade plans to allow for software upgrades, unlike some other competitors
g) There is basically no backward compatibility, nor a workaround. I leave it you to assess what’s worse: a) it’s intentional, or b) it not intentional but they have not managed to design it/achieve it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if in the US or elsewhere this topic ended up on the desks of lawyers.
Furthermore, no evidence that there will be from 4. onwards.
h) The current offer&releasing of in-car OS, in-car apps, mobile apps, web apps, connected services an tech support is a mess.
i) Everything, literally everything that has to do with new experience and new services for EVs is a fail, the shadow of what you get from other makers. And everything else… well, you can get it for a cheaper price on an ICE car.
Comfy seats, really. Don’t need that expensive 82kW battery for that, though.
j) They had many years to fix the development of software and the software itself. Years. We see the results. We cannot trust VAG/Cariad any longer.
k) Skoda and VAG are not offering exchange plans to existing customers to dump the obsolete cars
l) What you can do with any EV or new generation of cars depends on “software”. These are not “cars” any longer, these are wheeled consumer electronics.
m) Also, the value of your car depends on software. The obsolescence of new cars is totally different from that of older cars, it like – again, like consumer electronics. Paint, interiors and mechanical parts can be as good as you want, but if the software it’s obsolete, the car – the device - is obsolete, period. And that changes demand and pricing. Would you by a brand-new, unused, unboxed iPhone 15 on iOS 13 instead of iPhone 15 on iOS 17? Would you buy it as the same price? 2023 price lists, 2023 interest rates?
n) The MEB platform itself has been far from a success, from multiple perspectives, and the new one has been postponed.
MEB sales figures are what they are https://cleantechnica.com/2023/09/30/vo ... g-factory/.
o) Part of the VAG customer base may be totally comfortable with all of that, and the traditional VAG styles are clearly appealing to their traditional customer base, evidently people not willing to disrupt the existing VAG experience and adopt the futuristic designs you get from Kia, Hyundai, Tesla, etc.
p) But there are millions of other potential buyers out there, potential buyers of our cars, one day. And even the early adopters are becoming more experienced day by day.
q) Back to the future: based on the latest video by Speicher Electrified and some news outlets have reported, the new 60 will get existing HW and SW, with some minor facelifting.

r) New 85 will get some engine/BMS upgrade, but delivering close to zero difference in real life
s) Anyway, 85 will be on the same OS, only v4. Same doomed OS, by the same folks at VAG Cariad.
t) The word is spreading fast. Many of us have been early adopters/buyers but the market has experience now, what we ordered back in 2021/2022 is history. Skoda/VAG/Cariad are nowhere near what the competition offers, they are not even catching up, and the market is being flooded with models that are better and cheaper. The delta can only increase. I mean, we are chatting about being unable to lock the doors from the app - in those occasional moments the app works – while Teslarati are chatting about their Full Self-Driving Capability...
u) Now, back to the financial suicide: what will depreciation of existing and new cars be? I think they are all doomed for the reasons stated above – and many others.
The EV used market is still immature and it’s always been a roller coaster, but I seriously think our cars are totally uncompetitive hence are doomed, financially. You buy the same problems at a higher price, and depreciation can be even faster.
Pict

Post by Pict »

I have no intention of changing mine until I get all I get now (comfort, range that I am happy with, cost etc) in a smaller package.

I am more than happy with my 60, does everything I ask and never been one to worry/moan about the software.

For my 1st EV and 2nd Skoda in the family it has been a pleasure to own and drive.

Just don't need the vast space now so can downsize when the new models come out
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

spinna1969 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:21 pm
EVNewbie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:09 pm I went for 80X Sportline Plus, Race Blue, 20” Vega Anthracite, Maxx pack, Panoramic sunroof, heat pump, Transport pack and partition load net.

Well my spec is very basic. I was given the same outline weeks as you. Original estimate end of November. Same lease company and dealer. But my dates were Tusker order 22/6/23. LookersFleet 18/7/23. Which if I remember correctly were well before yours. Silver linings perhaps is we both might end up with a MY24. With needing a four will notice for build we’re both on at least KW44/45 at the earliest which is 24 territory.
Update: Following a conversation with Lookers on Friday they altered the dealer ETA on the Tusker system. It’s been moved from late November 23 to mid February 24. 😡

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post