What’s your miles/kwh

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I use kWh/100km, having grown up in Oz, and regularly going across the channel.
but in winter months have been getting around 20kWh/100km ( = 3.1 miles/kWh) if I'm careful
Yesterday morning, at 13.5 degrees, I managed 15.8kWh/100km ( = 3.9 miles/kWh) without really trying, but it was traffic that forced me to drive more gently

My long term, since July, has been 19kWh/100km (3.2 miles/kWh) before winter it was 3.45.

A/C at 19degrees, and seats. Commuting is 15miles each way, so not long enough to properly warm up in winter.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

Bacon

Post by Bacon »

leelazer203 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am As I dont run my heating unless its really really cold, even at 0 degrees i get around 3.5 on my way to work ( mostly uphill ) and around 5 on my way home ( mostly down hill )
So I’m the same but do you find it steams up a fair bit. I’m like turning it on just to clear that. I know it’s probably strange to some but I’m legitimately fine with just the heated seat and steering wheel too!
Last edited by Bacon on Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

It does steam up sometimes (more if I have a passenger ) and I will give it a quick blast to clear it. I have a moisture absorbing bag in the section under the centre console to try and help reduce the overall moisture level in the cabin. It does seem to help a bit with the steaming up. If its not really cold out I will put the climate on low with the A/C off and the fan speed at its lowest possible setting and that keeps the windscreen clear.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Stripy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:04 pm No idea how you guys get so high numbers - either you’re driving slowly and take 4 minutes to get up in speed 😂

I’m roughly on 3, sometimes a bit lower, sometimes a bit higher.

I can see though, the ME3.0 have reduced, then I added all-weather tyres, which made the magic number a little smaller again.
At least, it’s still rubber side down, staying firmly on the tarmac.

Still love the Enyaq tho!
Same here 2.8-3 in winter. Bit more in summer 3.3ish?

I've spent 6 years owning EV's wondering how people get such high numbers. My conclusion is its multifaceted. My commute is predominantly motorway and i'll drive at 70mph. Social/Pleasure journeys also tend to be similar, theres only a mile or so of town driving before i'm on a fast road, and regular trips to visit family are similar to my commute. I also drive at the speed limit and use full power regularly in accelleration zones.

If you end up with a drive cycle with much slower roads, be that town driving or even single carriageway a roads where your rarely getting to 60 and spend much of the time driving at 40-50 then that makes a massive difference. And ofcourse some folk even when on a motorway will sit doing 60 or whatever, accellerate much slower, use less heating etc etc. I dont think its possible to achieve 4 while also driving at 70mph. Anyone who says they are, i suspect are driving in traffic where they're not actually maintaining 70mph for long periods.

Bjorns range tests also seem to confirm that.

I will also as a rule never compromise occupant comfort for an extra few miles range, so the heating is always on at comfortable temperature, typically 22-23 in colder weather.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
RichR

Post by RichR »

Aragorn wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:50 am I will also as a rule never compromise occupant comfort for an extra few miles range, so the heating is always on at comfortable temperature, typically 22-23 in colder weather.
+1 for that from me. I used to turn heating and AC off in my previous (semi) EV for a while - but when I worked it out, it was saving pennies and making the journey something to endure rather than enjoy. It's like living on supermarket value porridge because it'll feed you and never getting a pizza from a takeaway because it tastes good. But obviously it's personal preference where you set the point at which you put up with something versus enjoy something.

Though I have the climate control set to 19C, with use of the heated seats and steering wheel if needed. But that's just because I find temperatures over 20C uncomfortable :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Waterford

Post by Waterford »

I use KWh/100 km and in recent cold weather ( 1.5° C ) averaged 20 kWh/100 km. but in mild weather averaging 16 kWh/100.
REDEnyaq

Post by REDEnyaq »

Enyaq i80 with heat pump. Long term average currently 3.3mls/kWh over 13000+ miles. Thats 2x winters and one summer. Lowest noted 2.7mls/kW; over 240mls, Xmas 2021 cold 4deg, heavy rain 3 passengers all M'way and Dual carriageway. Best 3.9mls/kW summer 2022 A roads 160mls up and back trough centre of Wales.
I assume most of you will have seen the Skoda range calculator which I first saw about August 2022 when ME3 was announced. It allows you to dial in season eg temp; mode, ECO(never use)/ sport; speed Urban/m'way; No passengers; cabin temp. I find it the most honest view of what we could expect from any car manufacturer. My normal config (up the middle) suggests 297mls (best I've seen 285mls). Use it as a sensitivity analysis and move to winter and M'ways and I'll drop to 177mls (slightly harsh in my view). Overall a good indicator.
Interesting one is cabin temp which max's at 21deg and seems to drop off both ways!!
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Was in a taxi that’s the new E niro. 37000 on the clock - Long Term efficiency was 3.8miles/kWh incredible numbers
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

According to the car my long term average over 4800 miles is 3.8m/kwh but during the cold spells, running with the heater on at 17 degrees to & fro from work ( but no air conditioning) I am getting about 3 m/kwh, calculated by dividing the number of miles it is to work by the number of kwh's the podpoint app says I've pumped into the car between charges....
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post