Is enyaq theft a concern?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

As the title says. Does the enyaq have sufficiently good anti theft technology that things like steering wheel locks are unnecessary? Has anyone heard of an enyaq being stolen?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I would say that most cars these days are pretty secure. I know there are tools out there to replicate key signals which can make keyless cars easy to steal in seconds. Vw were working on a system to prevent that using gyroscopes in the keys so if they were not moving then they wont unlock the car. Not sure where they got to with it though. Also as the enyaqs are intelligent vehicles, I presume with their sim cards and built in GPS they can be tracked and located should one go missing. This deters people stealing them as they'll be found quick enough. Also i think if the chargers are unplugged without you stopping the charge your charging apps will probably notify you so you'd be aware of someone trying to take the car. I don't have mine yet so I cant test these theories. For peace of mind you can disable the keyless on the car so the theif would have to physically have the key in their hand to do anything. They could smash a window which would set off an alarm, another deterrent. In my previous VAG group car I never bothered with disabling the keyless or putting in extra security devices. It's usually higher end stuff, range rovers, bmw, mercs etc that are the targets, with the exception of very popular cars like fiestas. Personally I'm not going to do anything more to keep my enyaq safe because if someone wants to steal it enough they will no matter what you do, at the end of the day thats why we have insurance.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
zice

Post by zice »

Enyaq Kessy is one of the few safest systems around, was proven recently by German ADAC.
https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/a ... e/keyless/

Only 23 cars out of 501 passed the test, Enyaq was one of them.
https://assets.adac.de/image/upload/v16 ... rjqzty.pdf

But yeah, anything can be stolen/vandalised/broken/scratched, it's a question of how badly the perpetrators want it :(
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

If it’s going to go then it will , wouldn’t do well in a high speed pursuit though , even on full charge foot to be the floor get less than 60 miles
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

I can't wait to get mine......... :)

But I'm not sure an electric Skoda will be high up on most thieves list....... :roll:
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Enyaq wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:20 am I can't wait to get mine......... :)
I'm sure the car should be with you soon, we were notified on the 4 Aug car "built in transit"picking the car up next week. (UK delivery)
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post