What do people think of the Enyaq’s pathetic horn?!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's just there behind the front grille, so yeah, probably no different to most cars. Is it worth it? Probably not.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Never use my horn on my current car. Not expecting to use it on the new one.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Waterford

Post by Waterford »

I agree it’s an embarrassing “meek” sound. Pity the software update won’t fix it, it’s reported to turn down the very noisy indicator sound though
Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

My 3 week old car was nearly taken out yesterday on a M4 roundabout when a car in the next lane decided to cut me up without looking or signalling. I thought the horn was a bit high pitch but very effective with a long blast and quite loud enough. It certainly stopped her crazy manoeuvre and saved the car being squashed between 2 vehicles.
Enyaq iV Suite 60 Quartz Grey Ordered Oct 21 Delivery Jun/Jul 22???
Bassoonbridge

Post by Bassoonbridge »

The car really needs 2 horns. One, very polite, job to warn errant pedestrians we're behind them, and one proper job.

The present one, or any normal horn, sounds too aggressive if all you want to say is 'excuse me, you've wandered onto the road / car park and I realise you can't hear me' etc.
TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but did make me laugh when I tested it on a quiet road.
Last edited by TheCorm on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I've had the car 8 months and have yet to use the horn, hope it works😉
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
sam_vasu

Post by sam_vasu »

It’s quite amusing… my four-year-old has a rechargeable ride-on Mini and his horn sounds more impressive than mine!
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

Does anyone know the exact location of the horn under the bonnet? I’ve had a look but can’t spot it and being on my own I’d need to borrow somebody to press it to find it
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Literally never use a car horn. Just no need for it. The only situation i can even imagine it being useful would be if a vehicle was reversing inexorably towards me and I couldn't escape the situation. But that ain't happening in reality. In most cases if you have enough time to use the horn, you probably didn't need to. Mainly used by angry blokes in lieu of shouting "OI!" to make themselves feel all puffed up. Or the absolute idiots who can't refrain from parping hello and goodbye when they arrive or leave a house. Those people deserve a special place in motoring hell. I'm curious now though, and will have a little parp to myself at some point. Hahahaha.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post