"camp mode" - keep HVAC on

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Hi Enyaq owners!

Ordered mine in late july, hoping to get it at early january. I am also planning on making a long road trip to northern Finland at that time and was wondering whether it is possible to keep HVAC on during the night when sleeping in the car.

This is possible in teslas with camper mode. Also VW id3 and id4 can keep HVAC on if you load the driver seat with 15kg weights and buckle the seat belt. Can someone test if this is possible in Enyaq too?

I know you can leave the car and set AC on for 30min, but it will turn off automatically. This would not suffice for sleeping in the car (in the cold north).

I'd like to know this beforehand, as if it's not possible I could rent a car now, to get rental cheaper.

Thank you in advance.

Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

Very quick, basic test. If I get in the car and sit in the drivers seat but don't press the brake, so ignition not on, the HVAC starts. Only the drivers zone though, the rest are in eco mode.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Enyaq has the same software as the ID.3 & ID.4.
Noticed yesterday that when my passenger got in the AC changed from ECO to 22 (Guess this was a previous AC setting).
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, it’ll switch to ECO if the passenger seat is unoccupied, otherwise resume what it was on before.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

So if I put my luggage on drivers seat and buckle in, crank up ac to 22c on all seats, i should be comfy for the night?

Thanks all
Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 »

You will need wieght in both front seats, when the passenger seat is empty it goes to eco mode.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Right. Thank you. I think it will suffice
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Before starting my 60 with me in the driving seat and my side set to 21 and the empty spare seat displaying ECO I found you could just change ECO to whatever you want without needing to place a weight on the seat.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Managed to get camp mode working. Toasty 21c whole night

IMG_20220803_210843.jpg

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

So, little more info about keeping the car on:

-As suspected on starting post, 15-20kg on driver seat is required. Weight needs to be in the middle of the seat. (You can demo this by setting weights on the pssenger seat, when AC "eco" turns into "sync" you got it right.
-buckle up the drivers seat belt
-press brake to start the car, release the brake
-turn off headlights
-set AC to your liking and enjoy the night.

I also crafted the window screens myself from refletix material. Helps insulate in addition to keeping inside dark.

At ~10c ambient and 21c AC the consumption was around 700-900Watts.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post