Lost heat pump cooling and heating

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mellowdogs_life

Post by Mellowdogs_life »

RichR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:58 pm Indeed - your contract for service is with Skoda UK, not with any specific dealership. Take your business elsewhere.
Yeah, I am doing just that. Incredibly, I have been unable to find a Skoda retailer who has the kit though, even with Skoda UK's help. Hence we need to involve Audi in the repair.

Hopefully the Audi/Skoda dealers Skoda UK are suggesting are willing and able to help as they are at least in the same town.

zice

Post by zice »

the expensive kit they're bragging about is VAS581009 and costs about 9800 EUR. The device they use in the video is their own, aprox. 80% less cost, but probably not supported via official VAG warranty claims. Now, would you as customer pay for an hour's worth of service to fix your AC problem in the middle of summer, or wait weeks for importer/dealer to sort their shit out? I'd definitely pay and get this small problem (CO2 refill) fixed ASAP. If other components are faulty (leaks, compressor, etc..) i'd take it later on via warranty.

here's an explanatory video if you're interested in all gory details of R744 servicing (use subtitles):

Mellowdogs_life

zice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:33 am the expensive kit they're bragging about is VAS581009 and costs about 9800 EUR. The device they use in the video is their own, aprox. 80% less cost, but probably not supported via official VAG warranty claims. Now, would you as customer pay for an hour's worth of service to fix your AC problem in the middle of summer, or wait weeks for importer/dealer to sort their shit out? I'd definitely pay and get this small problem (CO2 refill) fixed ASAP. If other components are faulty (leaks, compressor, etc..) i'd take it later on via warranty.

here's an explanatory video if you're interested in all gory details of R744 servicing (use subtitles):

Thanks for the info.

To be fair, I didn't pay 40k plus for a new car with a warranty, only to go and pay a 3rd party to fix it. I understand why some people would, just to get it sorted, which is fair enough. But personally I'd prefer to force them to honour the warranty terms - which they're capable of doing, just currently choosing not to!

I now have direct contact with the MD's office at Skoda UK. I will post the resolution on here once it's sorted.

In my opinion, companies need to be held to account rather than allowing them to make their problem the consumers...
Stepmb

Post by Stepmb »

Mellowdogs_life wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:09 pm
zice wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:33 am the expensive kit they're bragging about is VAS581009 and costs about 9800 EUR. The device they use in the video is their own, aprox. 80% less cost, but probably not supported via official VAG warranty claims. Now, would you as customer pay for an hour's worth of service to fix your AC problem in the middle of summer, or wait weeks for importer/dealer to sort their shit out? I'd definitely pay and get this small problem (CO2 refill) fixed ASAP. If other components are faulty (leaks, compressor, etc..) i'd take it later on via warranty.

Thanks for the info.

To be fair, I didn't pay 40k plus for a new car with a warranty, only to go and pay a 3rd party to fix it. I understand why some people would, just to get it sorted, which is fair enough. But personally I'd prefer to force them to honour the warranty terms - which they're capable of doing, just currently choosing not to!

I now have direct contact with the MD's office at Skoda UK. I will post the resolution on here once it's sorted.

In my opinion, companies need to be held to account rather than allowing them to make their problem the consumers...
I think you are right and I would do exactly the same.
Mellowdogs_life

Update: car has been with Skoda all week. Problem has been diagnosed as stone damage to the condenser unit. Not covered by warranty (which is fair enough), but the bill is currently estimated at £1,550 and the parts are on back order and showing no expected delivery date [insert long sigh here].

Begs the question why the condenser isn't better protected... but it's a risk on every car where it requires air flow to the rad I guess. Also begs the question why its so expensive!!

Collecting the car tomorrow (4 hour round trip)... Will try again when they receive the part...
zice

Post by zice »

Mellowdogs_life wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:56 am Update: car has been with Skoda all week. Problem has been diagnosed as stone damage to the condenser unit. Not covered by warranty (which is fair enough), but the bill is currently estimated at £1,550 and the parts are on back order and showing no expected delivery date [insert long sigh here].

Begs the question why the condenser isn't better protected... but it's a risk on every car where it requires air flow to the rad I guess. Also begs the question why its so expensive!!

Collecting the car tomorrow (4 hour round trip)... Will try again when they receive the part...
shite...
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Mellowdogs_life wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:56 am Update: car has been with Skoda all week. Problem has been diagnosed as stone damage to the condenser unit. Not covered by warranty (which is fair enough), but the bill is currently estimated at £1,550 and the parts are on back order and showing no expected delivery date [insert long sigh here].

OUCH! You’ve asked two reasonable questions there, ones I’d consider asking in the county court after paying the bill! Do you remember going over any stoney roads? To my mind it sounds badly designed, cars afterall can and should be reasonably expected to drive over stones.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
dezember

Post by dezember »

Isn't the condenser protected by that no hole front grill? :)
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
Mellowdogs_life

dezember wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:38 am Isn't the condenser protected by that no hole front grill? :)
One small part of it isn't... guess where the stone hit? :roll:
Mellowdogs_life

IanEV wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:17 am

OUCH! You’ve asked two reasonable questions there, ones I’d consider asking in the county court after paying the bill! Do you remember going over any stoney roads? To my mind it sounds badly designed, cars afterall can and should be reasonably expected to drive over stones.
Indeed. I do remember something hitting the car on the A3M... cant be sure if thats when it happened, but I do remember a noise and not being able to find any strike damage on the car afterwards. Maybe this is why? Who knows.

The Executive Office at Skoda UK have been very reasonable and helpful. Customer Service was shocking up until that point... because of which we've come to a suitable agreement over the bill.

It should never have got to the point where I had to email the MD, but I've genuinely received appaling treatment from them, worthy of the significant Good Will gesture.

The stone damage is probably fair cop on balance - happens to lots of cars. I'd be mighty pissed off if I was left with a 1550 quid bill though. 500 ish prob fair enough, but no idea how a condenser could reasonably be so expensive...?!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post