Parsimonious ‘Toolkit’

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

I have compressor and sealant supplied with the car, but the factory fitted tyres are not self-sealing. I think they expect you to stay with self-sealing tyres if originally fitted or arrange your own repair kit.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I have 'self seal tyres' - 20" Bridgestones and no compressor/sealant was supplied or expected.

I do however keep a heavy duty tyre compressor and large sealant cannister (450ml) suitable for these large tyres in my boot, just in case !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

No compressor, no sealant, supplied with mine.

Fossilnot
orrery

Post by orrery »

tiger tony wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:05 pm I have 'self seal tyres' - 20" Bridgestones and no compressor/sealant was supplied or expected.
I do however keep a heavy duty tyre compressor and large sealant cannister (450ml) suitable for these large tyres in my boot, just in case !

Indeed. I bought an Airman kit. I have had to buy a 12v extension lead, as the only 12v socket is in the boot and it doesn't reach the front wheels!
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

orrery wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:01 am
tiger tony wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:05 pm I have 'self seal tyres' - 20" Bridgestones and no compressor/sealant was supplied or expected.

Indeed. I bought an Airman kit. I have had to buy a 12v extension lead, as the only 12v socket is in the boot and it doesn't reach the front wheels!
Ha yes, you'll need that extension lead. That'll catch a lot of Enyaq owners out when they come to recharge their front tyres if they haven't got one.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
zice

Post by zice »

compressor & self-sealant should be in the package, press your dealers to backorder them for you (free of charge) if not delivered with the car.
orrery

Post by orrery »

zice wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:52 am compressor & self-sealant should be in the package, press your dealers to backorder them for you (free of charge) if not delivered with the car.

The car has self sealing tyres, so no kit.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
aljack42

Post by aljack42 »

I just unravelled the 12V cable from the supplied compressor to check it would reach all the wheels from the 12V socket in the offsideof the boot - it did. But it is the devils own job to get it back in the space allocated for it in the body of the compressor. I've done it so you don't have to!
iV60 Loft Quartz (now Graphite) grey. Towbar, Comfort+, Convenience, Light & View Basic, Transport, Parking+, Climate+, Sunroof, Assisted Drive Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Family+, Ordered 21 Sept '21. Delivered 27/6/22 with version 3 s/w
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Anyone packing an emergency 12v battery booster for those hopefully very rare occasions when the 12v battery fails and you're not near a mains supply? Was thinking I might get one to keep in the car for holidays, but not sure what spec to get. I'm thinking even a small one would be enough to get the car's electronics back online. Any advice would be welcome particularly if you have direct experience reviving an Enyaq with a dodgy 12v battery.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
dezember

Post by dezember »

ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:31 pm Anyone packing an emergency 12v battery booster for those hopefully very rare occasions when the 12v battery fails and you're not near a mains supply? Was thinking I might get one to keep in the car for holidays, but not sure what spec to get. I'm thinking even a small one would be enough to get the car's electronics back online. Any advice would be welcome particularly if you have direct experience reviving an Enyaq with a dodgy 12v battery.
I was thinking about this too and hopefully will get it when there's a sale coming up ..

https://amzn.to/3PABT81
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.