SOS Call centre

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
AlanMB

Post by AlanMB »

Looking at the Enyaq manual (cant look at my Enyaq yet still 8 weeks away) I see the SOS Call function. So who does it call? Is it Skoda, or an emergency service? And what mobile network does it use?
Iv 60 on Order, build week 34. Race Blue, Parking pack basic, transport pack, drive basic and Climate plus

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Ghost busters?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

@StepanRehak: Do you know #EmergencyAssist? We tried it for you with @Jaromir_Mendl in the new #EnyaqCoupeiV. More info about Assistant Systems for your safety over here https://t.co/E8IE1A0MMV https://t.co/RdmVbn1r70
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
zice

Post by zice »

i think it calls a Skoda Emergency dispatch center, uses most likely the eSIM in the car.
RichR

Post by RichR »

All cars with SOS function (which is becoming mandatory I believe) call the manufacturer’s emergency call centre who then take then take what you say, along with a burst of data from the car - things like GPS location, speed (if triggered automatically), number of occupants (using seatbelt sensors) and so on. They then call the relevant emergency services (because you might be in a different country to where the car was bought) and pass on the extra information.

I seem to recall an episode of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance programme on TV where they went to a call from BMW that originated with an automated call from a car that had crashed in a ditch in a remote location. The driver was unconscious, but the car gave all the information they needed to send the Fire Service, Ambulance and Air Ambulance.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
zice

Post by zice »

there's a whole movement at least in Germany to force manufacturers to change the dial number to call directly emergency services instead of manufacturer call centers. Besides, you can change the number manually using VCDS i think...i wouldn't recommend though

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post