Charge Timer & Departure Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MrBramwell

Post by MrBramwell »

Hey everyone,

New Enyaq owner here. Been fiddling around with the charge options and I'm sort of wondering, I noticed the delayed charging timer doesn't seem to start charging at the time configured, has anyone else noticed this?
I've gone in and added a charger, called it "Home" and told it to start charging at 11pm, checked the app on the phone before heading to bed at like 11.30 and noticed charging didnt start, I can't get the car to start charging, unless I delete my "home" charger. Even if it's there with no timers activated, the car just refuses to start charging. So I've turned to using my wallbox's timer instead.

As for the Departure timer, what exactly does this do ? As I understand it, it preconditions the battery and hour before departure and starts the airconditioning half an hour before, does it also make sure the car is charged prior to the departure timer ?

And does the departure timer really work ? I've seen people saying it doesn't work when plugged in, but working when unplugged. I obviously don't want to use it if it requires me to unplug the car, as that would use some of the battery.

zice

Post by zice »

MrBramwell wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:02 pm And does the departure timer really work ? I've seen people saying it doesn't work when plugged in, but working when unplugged. I obviously don't want to use it if it requires me to unplug the car, as that would use some of the battery.
pre ME3 it preconditions the battery (the 1h before thing) only when offgrid (not plugged in)
ME3 should do it also ongrid.
pre-post ME3 internal climatization works regardless if off/ongrid.
MrBramwell

Post by MrBramwell »

zice wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:41 pm
MrBramwell wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:02 pm And does the departure timer really work ? I've seen people saying it doesn't work when plugged in, but working when unplugged. I obviously don't want to use it if it requires me to unplug the car, as that would use some of the battery.
pre ME3 it preconditions the battery (the 1h before thing) only when offgrid (not plugged in)
ME3 should do it also ongrid.
pre-post ME3 internal climatization works regardless if off/ongrid.
Is there any way of checking if my car has the ME3 update ?
I bought the car a week ago, it has 200 miles on it supposedly a 05 2022 version

And thank you for the answer, really appreciated
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

The System Information screen will have an entry of ID Software 3.0.0
An easier clue is that the battery icon on the small Visual Cockpit display will show the remaining charge as a percentage figure.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
MrBramwell

Post by MrBramwell »

I see, thanks... A bit annoyed that im not on the new software.. I have the range displayed as miles. In my infotainment, I cant see anything 3.0 just Software Version: 0795

But since the range is displayed as it is, I guess im on the older version
Class68driver

Post by Class68driver »

I've found that the departure timer works perfectly on mine but the charger timer is rubbish. Fortunately my wallbox has a timer so I use that and it's been perfect everytime.
Ordered IV80 September 21, Pan Roof, suite interior, 21" alloys, various drive assist packages, power tailgate, heat pump,in Artic Silver.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

MrBramwell wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:27 am I see, thanks... A bit annoyed that im not on the new software.. I have the range displayed as miles. In my infotainment, I cant see anything 3.0 just Software Version: 0795

But since the range is displayed as it is, I guess im on the older version
Yes old version this is what my 11/21 build car has.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

(ME3) I've noticed that the Departure timer works ok if Reduce AC Current is not selected, even finishes a little early.

When selecting Reduce AC Current twice now it's missed the target state of charge by a couple of hours.
(Yesterday it was going to miss, before I intervened and unselected Reduced Current). Today fortunately I had nowhere to be, I was just testing it.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

I'm on ME3.0 but I don't get the option to set a departure timer for charging. There's no option on the charging screen. I've not got reduced current set.
How do I get this option?
RichR

Post by RichR »

It’s not on the charging screen. You need to set a charging location and set the charging options for that location.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post