Launch control

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

Hello all,
In my previous VAG group car I was able to enable launch control.
To do this I would put the car into sport, turn off the traction control etc, apply the break with my left foot and then accelerate with the right to 4000 rpm. The display would tell me Lauch Control Active Then let the break off and the car would leap out the ground.
Does anyone know if the Enyaq has this capability? I still dont have a build date so unable to test on my own at the moment. Its not an essential thing to have, more of a gimmik but I am curious to the potential.
Cheers.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I think if launch control is something you're looking for, the Enyaq may not be the right car for you.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

It's a curiosity more than anything. I didnt know my previous car had it for well over a year of ownership. I know the Cupra Born has an e boost thing so I assume its possible for the enyaq to have a similar capability. They use the same batteries and motors etc.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
dezember

Post by dezember »

All EVs come with it. It's call instant torque :)
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
zice

Post by zice »

why would you need launch control in an EV which has max torque available from 0 rpm?
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

Acceleration in an EV is different to an ICE car, as previously stated power delivery is instant, no need to build up boost just floor the accelerator and it will accelerate to the max.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Ive no doubt some elecs will come with a launch control feature which perhaps gives a bit of extra power and/or torque when selected and perhaps some fake Ferrari type noises but it will be a gimmick.

As others have said, the nature of electric motors and its instant torque just doesn't warrant Launch control.

I feel this way about the VRS Enyaq - Just doesn't make sense to me - The MEB platform will never be "Sporty" so why would they tarnish the VRS badge??.

An L&K model would have made much more sense for the Enyaq to me.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
lavir

Post by lavir »

IOPedal can help a bit with acceleration. I already bought it with two looms, for Enyaq, which I'm still waiting and the current one Toyota Verso-S.
It does its job even for Toyota, but there I meet immediately another problem, it's the engine with 1.33 🤣. You can get 6000rpm in 1 sec, when you can go and drink a cup of coffee while the engine accelerates the car. I would to note that before IOPedal, I could drink 3 cups of coffee, now is only one 🤣
80x Sportline with almost all packs 🇫🇮
Ordered 30-08-2021 –
Est delivery: 30-06-2022 » ≈01-07-2022 » ≈30-11-2022 » 14.09.2022 confirmed: in production ≈1-11-2022 » 14.12.2022 Finally assembled » Picked up 23.01.2023
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

You need a pedal box that’s about as close as your going to get , when set takes any hesitation out of throttle response pretty much all power down instantly fooling traction control for a second or so too . Otherwise just select sport mode
orrery

Post by orrery »

As per a previous post, Launch control is standard on most EVs.

Press and hold the brake pedal, floor the accelerator, release the brake.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post