Enyaq bugs and other concerns

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Villek

Post by Villek »

Hi forum members,

After having two months of experience and 7000 kms on my new Enyaq 80X here is a list of my findings sofar. According to Skoda dealer car has all the latest SW updates.

Mechanical related:
-Right (passenger) side gray dash trim sagging under the chrome trim.
---Will be replaced at dealer.
-Real lights mounted on the boot lid have a dead Fly inside both light units.
---How will these sensitive led lights tolerate dust and moisture?
-Clunking noise from front and rear axles when driving over even a minor bumps and cuts on the pavement
-Driving on gravel roads that have the washboard surface creates a resonance noise which turns to a loud metal to metal like resonance from the front axle.
-Left side mirror heating much slower than the right one, say 1 minute vs. 5 mins to be clear from mist.
-When entering the car and AC turns on, you feel the vibrations from the electric motor and compressor. Maybe this is normal as in ICE powered car it would be unnoticeable.

Software:
-Navigator updates the map but recalculates the route continuously (dimmed screen) until navigation is stopped, happened twice
-Radio channel is audible but the there is a very loud overlaying noise on all channels, happened twice, booting the infotainment seems to have sorted that out.
-Interior lights and the lighting symbols on the roof blinking, happened once or more often as it is not that visible on bright daylight.
-When using carplay and iphone receives a what's up message (like plain text or pics) car notifies me that I can not play Podcasts, happens almost every time but there are good days too
-Quite often infotainment does not recognize the paired phone, I had to delete my two sons iphones to get mine working again with the car.

Irritations:
-When phone is placed on the wireless charging slot, the whole infotainment screen is dimmed almost black for few seconds to inform that the phone can not be charged or is charging.
---Why not just show an arrow symbol on the battery image or scrolling or pulsating battery image.
-When adjusting the temperature, the whole infotainment screen is dimmed almost black for few seconds.
-Why there is a physical button SET button linking to tire pressure calibration and ESC (and maybe some other features that I do not have that makes more sense).
-- ESC should belong under MODE button
--Tire pressure setting should be a virtual button under some car's settings menus. How frequently that feature is supposed to be used?
-Drive direction selection function. Highly a matter of taste but pushing button forward should make car moving forward.
-Line keeping assistant is funny it tells to drive in the middle of the lane even if the car is in the middle of the lane (at clean and dry lane). When coming to the crossing where the line marking will move apart from each other (one line but twice as wide as normal lane) car does not seem to know should it follow the dashed center line or the continuous side line but it will not drive in the middle. Similar symptom was on my Volvo V90 before this but not as aggressive as in Enyaq.
-The Phone App is still missing a lot of promised and advertised features for Enyaq.

Bug inside right rear light.jpg

Škoda Enyaq 80X iV, Red Velvet, Loft, Towing Hitch, Light&View matrix lights (good value for the money), Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Drive Basic, ME3.0 updated

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Are you definitely on version 3 software? I think there is a page where you can check. From what I've read, the dealers are a bit behind at the moment, and I wouldn't trust them entirely to know what version you have installed.

I think the B/D pull back direction is not uncommon. My prius works like that as do many other cars. Just something you'll get used to. It will feel natural to me.

Hopefully some of the other issues you've mentioned will get sorted at some point. Although I think every car has some annoying features or bugs. It's annoying when you spend so much but even the most expensive cars still has issues.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

ChangoMutney wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:15 am Although I think every car has some annoying features or bugs.
The light seeking flying bugs take annoyance to a different level though!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Could the ride issues be due to transport blocks? (See this thread)
viewtopic.php?t=361

Drive/reverse button mimics the layout of an automatic gearbox.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post