Enyaq Ride Quality / Suspension

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

Collected my iV 60 yesterday and hitting a pothole was like hitting a kerb.

Just checked under the rubber sleeve and guess what - blue plastic transport blocks in place there.

Also tyre pressures look high - it can go back tomorrow and they can finish the job properly in the 40 C heat!!!!!
Enyaq iV Suite 60 Quartz Grey Ordered Oct 21 Delivery Jun/Jul 22???

MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It's astonishing that the dealers can't do the PDI correctly.
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Bryanmet wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:11 pm Is there any way to check without jacking up the car? Don’t have a jack!

I was able to reach with my hand and lift/push up the rubber shock absorber cover to expose the shiny stainless steel? rod to check if the blocks have been removed, which they were. No jack needed if you’ve got long arms I suppose.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

I found with a bit of left lock on I could more easily lift the rubber gaiter. Then the same on the right. Back to my dealership today and they can remove them!
Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

Guess I had a Friday afternoon PDI. Car went back in for removal of transport blocks and TP check on Monday and "Master" Mechanic apparently checked other PDI functionality. Ride quality transformed and am now very happy; whereas after collection last Saturday the ride was awful.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Surely most dealers should be aware of this by now it’s a joke
Ric

Post by Ric »

I'm keen to see if I have transport blocks still fitted. Under the gaitor there is a plastic sleeve (black) - photo attached. ??

Ric

D313FADA-2786-4FE5-827E-6EB5DE84ACBF.jpeg

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

On page 2 of this thread you'll find some very useful images. You need to pull the gaiter up quite a long way to see the transport blocks. You will probably find it easier if you jack the car up to let the suspension hang down.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Bacarelle

Post by Bacarelle »

Hi;

I raised this on this Forum about a year ago when I took delivery of my Enyaq.

The ride was very hard and, as you say, hitting a small pothole was like hitting the kerb at speed !

After pestering the Dealer (who insisted that the ride quality was "normal") I took it back and asked them to test drive and investigate whilst I popped into a local Cafe for some breakfast (expecting that the investigation would be a lengthy process).

I hadn't even reached my eatery (just 5 minutes from the Dealership) when I received a phone call that the car was ready for collection !

When I returned I was told that they agreed the ride was "harsh" but they had "adjusted the suspension settings" and sure enough all was now well.

Someone else on the forum suggested that the blocks might not have been removed and I suspect that is what happened.

However, someone else suggested that in the Enyaqs the suspension settings (Sport, Eco, Normal etc) are pre-installed even on cars which don't offer variable suspension switching and that the "adjustment of the suspension setting was done electronically to soften the ride.

I will let you decide which is the more plausible solution !
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

It is my understanding that unless you have the dynamic chassis control option then adjustable shocks arent fitted and therefore wouldnt be adjustable via software. I would be interested to know if they are fitted as standard and just arent activated.

In the individual driving mode there is an option for driving dynamic. The options are sport and normal. It is separate to the drive and steering options. I have been unable to find out what this option does. If adjustable shocks are fitted maybe it does adjust them slightly even if it doesnt give you all the other options that you get with the dynamic chassis control.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post