Air Con Issue

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
martinq

Post by martinq »

Air con seems to be playing up, haven't used it in haste since ownership from Feb, noticed over the weekend that the Aircon was blowing out warm air. Passenger side blows warm air out of vents and the drivers side slightly cooler, but not ice cold. Any idea before I visit the local dealer. Standard model, no air pump. Range changes when Air con turned on as expected and I hear aircon kick in noise. Thanks

Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I had a similar issue with a previous Renault. Lower temperature on one side than the other. It was caused by low pressure in the circuit. Its worth speaking to your dealer as I would have thought this would be covered by your warranty if your car is only 5 months old.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Common problem in Enyaqs. Coolant gas leaked out, mine was due to faulty AC compressor. Coolant gas is CO2 based, and therefore not many dealers have necessary eguipment to deal with the issue.

Id recommend going straight to dealer just to minimize any service delay.
Peter J

Post by Peter J »

Had a similar problem with my 80X over the last couple of days. No cold air just warm. Hadn’t wanted to use it up to now. Will be contacting the dealer to get it checked.
Enyaq sportline 80X. Ordered 20th July 21. Delivered 15th Jan 22. Race Blue.
martinq

Post by martinq »

Thanks for the info. Will get straight onto the dealer, hopefully get it sorted before 1st long run to Cornwall next month!!
Bassoonbridge

Post by Bassoonbridge »

Same problem with mine, just blowing hot air. Dealer fixed it, reporting a software fix. Fine now.
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Also note that passenger side may be in Eco mode if nobody is sat in the passenger seat, so air may not be as cold
martinq

Post by martinq »

Interestingly my local dealer doesn’t have a technician who can diagnose the issue or perform any software updates. Been directed to another dealer 20miles away who “might” be able to help.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Anyone with an OBD reader can read the sensor faults that indicate low coolant. To find the specific cause one needs the HVAC machine that fills the system, and only few places seem to have these currently.

That is just poor preparation from Skoda/Importer.
martinq

Post by martinq »

Recharge did the job, if I’d had a heat pump fitted it would of needed some ‘Special Gas’ which is hard to come by at the moment! Dealer not aware of ME 3 update schedule yet.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post