Max mileage from a charge. Real world?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

80 with heat pump - I've just done 270 miles on a single trip, still had 40 miles range left. That was with a full car of people and luggage, mainly motorways at 70ish, 30 degrees heat and as much air con as I could get! I was really impressed with that, seeing as the better route planner app was trying to constantly get me to stop to charge.

I have been getting about 340 miles on local journeys, but was really pleased with the motorway range. Especially as all our charging has been free here.

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Recently completed a1200 mile road trip from Dorset to Northumberland and back via Lancashire in just over a week. My initial 400 mile journey returned 3.7kWh (approx 214 miles in an iv60) mainly motorways averaging 65 mph. Local running increased mileage to over 4.0kWh and my return trip from Lancaster to Dorset of 266 miles average 4.1kWh giving a range of 237 miles. I learnt to reduce average speed to 60mph, coupled with extended 50 mph limits on the M6, rush hour traffic around Birmingham and a shorter mileage route on slower A roads.
AE729507-19D5-4492-807F-278741C5740E.jpeg
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's worth watching Bjorn Nyland's series of videos on the Enyaq vRS that he's put up this week. In particular the one where he goes for a 'Sunday drive' around Norway. ie sticking to speed limits, no unnecessary overtaking, just the sort of relaxed drive that you might do if going somewhere with no massive urgency. There's a mixture of motorway and rural roads, mountains and so on. No special concessions to saving power other than turning off the AC if the weather isn't too hot. He gets 575km (360 miles), so over the WLTP figure, and this is in the heavier, 4WD vRS version, so driving that way on a RWD 80 and away from mountains, could potentially get even more. The Enyaq (and ID.4/5) are proving to be very efficient cars, yet also being big and comfortable.

If you adjust your driving style to go a little slower and be more relaxed you can get more range and also arrive fresher and less stressed. Using things like Travel Assist and the automatic regen level can massively remove the workload, so you can kick back, stick the massage seat on (you did spec that right?) and listen to an audiobook or some music. :D

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
anotherjohn

Post by anotherjohn »

Best I've seen (calculated from miles @ x% charge to 100%) is 220 on my 60. This is with the mode set to "eco" & "B" on the gearstick (when I remember - why can't it remember the mode setting - my Golf did) & the air con on.
Race blue 60, 100KW, partition net screen, climate basic, convenience, transport, drive basic, assisted drive, parking basic. Collected 23May22
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

Real world from an iv80 with heat pump?
We get 230 miles in winter and 280 miles in summer.
Lots of dual carriageway and motorway driving at 65mph results in these figures.

You will do better if you go slower or worse if you cruise at 70mph.

We recently drove to south west France.
At 81mph (130kph) we would have saved 15 minutes over driving at 65mph due to the extra charge time offsetting the fast cruising speed, so we went at 65mph.
Best regards, FT
Glen I

Post by Glen I »

I picked up my Iv60 on Tuesday no heat pump, first trip 200 miles from S. Yorkisire to Chessington world of adventure, which is mostly motorway driving. After a lot of planning, and I admit some anxiety about using public charging points, l planned a stop at Milton Keynes hub. Car charged at 100% and we set off, I held my speed at 65 mph and got to the charger with 53% charge. Put on charge using a BP charger and had a coffee. Back to the car 80% charge and a bill for £5, back on route and got to my destination with 57% charge total 200 miles. For the return journey, used the hotel charger pod point no cost 100% and this time did the journey without a charge. Got home with 20% and 58 miles of range left. Car data is indicating 4.2 miles KW, air con on during the trip. Well impressed, and a good first test that with a little planning the increasing number of charge points and a modified driving style, making long journeys in the enyaq even the IV 60 with its lower range is no problem.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Took a drive today to see my folks. Only done about 150 miles before this on mostly local roads and short routes so didn't know what to expect. Started with 100% and predicted range of 352 miles. Used 26% of the battery to do 92.4 miles with an efficiency of 4.5kwh/mile. Mostly A road at 50-60 and keeping up with the traffic using travel assist. I guess these were perfect conditions with no Aircon required and 3 adults. Much better than expected. Maybe this was also a result of version 3 software which the car came with.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Philh

Post by Philh »

Hopefully my updated software will be fitted soon as my mileage is lower than most. I do however drive the car at 70mph and a lot of stop start due to M6 roadworks.

I have an iV60 with no add-ons and do a 40 mile round trip two or three times per week.

I got the car in January this year and having done 30 delivery miles it was showing 200 miles, so presume the dealer had charged to 100%. Since then I was charging at 80% and getting a range showing of 200, 190, 185 miles. I then tried to charge at 90% for a while and was getting between 200 and 190 miles range. I reverted back to 80% last week and it showed 163 miles range after a full charge.

Not very good really, just hope the upgrade improves it a little.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

If you drive at 60 maximum, there will be quite a noticeable difference in range.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

No heat pump, iV80.
Trip from Surrey to Edinburgh and back last week, driving at 70 where possible with A/C on (to demist windows) and temp set to 20C.

FEC365D3-9572-49D2-B467-B40CE43FE532.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post