Fuel/electricity consumption tracking

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ruttlej

Post by ruttlej »

For all my old ICE cars I’ve maintained a spreadsheet where I log each time I fill up at the pump. I track date/volume of petrol/cost/mileage etc and from that I can track my true mpg / how much driving I’m doing / average cost per km / true range etc.
Is anyone doing similar for their electric car and if so what data points do you find most useful to track?
Ordered 1st Nov 2021 - iV80 (Chrome pack, Parking pack & Drive pack) + Driver Assistance Plus pack - Collected 16th July 2022

Retired

Post by Retired »

Hi ruttlej

This is what I do in the UK, using Excel to do the necessary calcs

The date ... followed by ....To Date car total Mileage .... followed by ... Before Charge, number of miles it MAY do with the charge already in existence .... followed by .... After Charging number of miles it MAY do .... followed by... After Charging number of miles it Actually charged .... followed by .... Kw Charging implement used ..... followed by .... Time Used H-Min-S To Charge .....followed by .... kWh used in the charge ..... followed by ... Unit rate per KWh ... followed by ... Cost of the kWh used to charge ..... followed by ... Vat 5% ..... followed by ....Total Cost .... followed by ..... Cost To Date ..... followed by ... Charging Cost Per Mile

An example based on the above

10.06.2022 1320 9 282 273 7.5 12.29.07 78.34 17.116p £13.41 £0.67 £14.08 £73.98 £0.05

Please bare in mind I am a pensioner who does not now need to get up to go to work tomorrow, I only charge the car when its convenient for me and necessary.
Suggest you record the readings before the charge, of the mileage and miles left that the car may do before the battery is flat. Then record the readings after charging.

The only matter than can confuse these readings is when I have breaks with my wife in hotels that let you charge the car for free !!! Wonderful .... the more that do this the better.

I don't now if you regard this as being useful, its just what I do.
coom80

Post by coom80 »

With the lion share of my charging being done at home, I let the pod point app track mine. You can enter details around unit charges etc to keep the £ value current. Data can be exported if needed.
I’m not sure about other charger brand capability.

E23BB324-60B8-4B4C-839D-773D4FBC4DF9.png

Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
zice

Post by zice »

you can try Tronity, sign up using this referral https://app.tronity.io/signup/RJjWxvxJg and you'll get 1 month free for testing instead of 2 weeks.
it uses your skoda credentials and gets info straight from the car, regardless of chargers used. You can set charging rates, track costs, input wallmeter kWh values (if you have losses vs. what car reports as intake) etc. Enjoy! (ps - i think for Enyaq users the app is free at the moment, even after trial runs out because it supports charging sessions only: https://help.tronity.io/hc/en-us/articl ... d-Vehicles)
ruttlej

Post by ruttlej »

Thank you all, that’s some great options for tracking all the data.
Ordered 1st Nov 2021 - iV80 (Chrome pack, Parking pack & Drive pack) + Driver Assistance Plus pack - Collected 16th July 2022
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

I used Fuelio to track diesel/mileage costs. It can also be used for EV’s.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fuelio-fu ... 1487753318
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post