BP Pulse/Chargemaster Enyaq compatibility

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Veeva

Post by Veeva »

We have ordered a Skoda Enyaq, and started enquiring about chargers.

As we used to own a Renault Zoe, we had a BP Pulse (formerly Chargemaster) charger. We have received this warning from BP Pulse:

"Your home charger will not be compatible. As Renault Zoe's are built to the unique standards of French power delivery and cabling, the unit has been created to be compatible with this model. Renault-compatible units will not work with any other brand of manufacturer. If you were to have a replacement home charger for your Skoda, it would be compatible with most other manufacturers, with the exception of Renault."

Has anyone else tried charging their Enyaq on a BP Pulse/Chargemaster unit?

Thank you!

Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Sounds like absolute tosh. I also have an old Chargemaster unit fitted about 4 years ago for my Zoe. It has no problem at all charging my Enyaq.
Veeva

Post by Veeva »

Great news! Thank you for confirming.
V.
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

We have the BP 7kw Chargemaster unit for our Outlander PHev. They did two versions 3.5 and 7 kw. It charged our Enyaq at the full 7kw. The only problem with that charger was that the smart charging functions didn’t work, we never ever got access to the Chargemaster website and our useage information. When we go the Enyaq we eventually purchased a plug in Ohme unit which fixed that.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
Veeva

Post by Veeva »

Thank you for the tip: we will look into the buying a plug in Ohme unit too.
coom80

Post by coom80 »

Same here. We have both a Chargemaster and a Pod Point for our Zoe and Enyaq respectively. I can use the Chargemaster without issue, but it’s got no scheduling functionality. As we have a cheap overnight rate and the charge scheduler on the Enyaq is pants, I tend not to use the charge master with it with the Enyaq, but when I’ve needed a quick daytime top us, I’ve not had any issues.
The comment may refer to if you wanted to use it with the Enyaq scheduler?
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post