Proteus alloys - asymmetrical?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BrotherBloat

Post by BrotherBloat »

hi folks,
when viewing a brand new Enyaq in the salon, I noticed they had asymmetrically installed Proteus wheels on it... then I realised ALL of them are asymmetrically installed... it seems to make little sense for an EV wheel to be omnidirectional - surely the shape of the spokes makes a difference between rotation directions...?

Is there no left side / right side version of the wheel? The dealer of course had no answer to this question, despite being an 'EV enthusiast' himself... :|

Screenshot 2022-07-11 153812.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 153819.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 153824.png

RichR

Post by RichR »

This has been discussed before - unless you're into £80,000+ cars, very few have specific left or right hand side wheels.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BrotherBloat

Post by BrotherBloat »

RichR wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:49 pm This has been discussed before - unless you're into £80,000+ cars, very few have specific left or right hand side wheels.
search returned nothing, so I was just wondering... but then why offer wheels with a clear directional design - are the aero wheels also asymmetrical?
anyway, thanks for the answer, good to know I wasn't going mad...! oh and re: 80k cars... fully specced Enyaq with any sort of reasonable finance is as near as it makes no difference 80k at the moment, just FYI... ;) I just looked at a quote I saved in Jan 2021 - 37k... same car right now well upwards of 50k + interest... oh and you can't even get various electronics options, such as the 360 camera feature, due to the shortages...
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Believe they are 20” Vega alloys as fitted to my IV60?
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
skrachs

Post by skrachs »

These are 20" Vega

Rear Vega wheels are 9J
Front - 8J
Enyaq 80 eco suite, Quartz Grey,20" Vega, Climate Plus, Family Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Area View, Transport, Light & View Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Comfort Seat Basic, 125Kw charging, Convention Plus, Heat Pump, Towbar

Ordered 09.21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post