Charge scheduling not completing

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
zedordead

Post by zedordead »

Hi, first post in here but had my 80 for about 6 months now and just changed to an EV tariff with my electricity supplier which kicks in between 1 and 8am. Good in theory, but despite being plugged in all night, the car only gets to about 30% by morning time. I've added some photos of the location scheduling I've setup on the (super unintuitive) menu, but can't work out what I'm doing wrong here. My Skoda app also says to charge up to 80% and when plugged in it says "charging controlled by smart schedules". What have I messed up?!

PXL_20220314_085632492.MP.jpg

PXL_20220314_085637607.jpg

PXL_20220314_085646288.MP.jpg

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The Enyaq has problems with scheduled charging at 7 KW AC. Hopefully cured by the forthcoming update.
I think you have set a 8.30 departure time. You can also set a charging time (scroll down to see these).
The two settings can be independent or working togther in a modified way.

If your charger supports settings set them there and the min and max charge % only settings on the car.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
coom80

Post by coom80 »

zedordead wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:52 am Hi, first post in here but had my 80 for about 6 months now and just changed to an EV tariff with my electricity supplier which kicks in between 1 and 8am. Good in theory, but despite being plugged in all night, the car only gets to about 30% by morning time. I've added some photos of the location scheduling I've setup on the (super unintuitive) menu, but can't work out what I'm doing wrong here. My Skoda app also says to charge up to 80% and when plugged in it says "charging controlled by smart schedules". What have I messed up?!
There are a half dozen question threads on this forum that all culminate with the finding “scheduled charging via the car or the app doesn’t work like it should” - at least for the standard home charger. If you are fortunate enough to have a charger which you can schedule independent of the car, then the consensus right now is that this is most reliable option. We have a chargemaster that doesn’t and a Pod Point that does, but fortunately the partners Zoe can schedule itself. Snag below of the settings from the Pod Point which has been 100% reliable.

7FDFEEE4-DD95-44B3-8388-DE15826E8B10.png

Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
zedordead

Post by zedordead »

Unfortunately my home charger isn't able to schedule. I think I have the timer setup correctly - see picture below. It has worked properly a couple of times, but mostly never goes beyond 30%.

PXL_20220316_221035290~2.jpg

tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

I only tried scheduling on the car twice, neither time worked so never used it again.

I schedule through my Ohme Charger only. Ohme do sell an "In-Line" charger for use with a dumb charger, this would then allow you to schedule, however, this purchase would probably out weigh a lot of the savings of your cheaper tariff.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

I have both a dumb charger (and apparently a dumb car!). My Economy 7 starts at 00:30 each morning so I start the charging via the app when I go to bed and accept that 1-1.5 hours will be at peak rate before it switches to the night rate.

Like tom636 says, the extra electric cost of 1.5 hours, circa 10 kW at 6p more each time, a total of 50-60p would take a long time to pay off a new charger purchase. I just hope the car software upgrade will soon give us the control we need.

I’m not surprised by the software really, we have a BMW i3 and they only got the charge scheduling to work well about 7 years after the car was launched…
coom80

Post by coom80 »

Powerstar wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:38 am I have both a dumb charger (and apparently a dumb car!). My Economy 7 starts at 00:30 each morning so I start the charging via the app when I go to bed and accept that 1-1.5 hours will be at peak rate before it switches to the night rate.

Like tom636 says, the extra electric cost of 1.5 hours, circa 10 kW at 6p more each time, a total of 50-60p would take a long time to pay off a new charger purchase. I just hope the car software upgrade will soon give us the control we need.

I’m not surprised by the software really, we have a BMW i3 and they only got the charge scheduling to work well about 7 years after the car was launched…
I was and still am both surprised and disappointed. We’ve had 2 Zoe’s in the last 5 years and both could manage what should be a simple task…. As Perchede said, the hope is that the (late but hopefully coming) software upgrade will fix this.
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

We have a new Zoe and the Sportline 80 Enyaq.

The Zoe scheduler is rock solid, charging between (our setting of) 0030-0430 as programmed drawing ~7kW for the 4hrs.

I've found the Enyaq a bit hit and miss with no (yet) apparent pattern. I have a home location set and a start-end time of 0030-0430 set. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it charges at 1-2kW and other times it just doesn't. Hasn't caused me an issue yet as I've never not had enough charge to go where I want the next day, but it's a little frustrating.

We have a BP Chargevision charger fitted as part of the Zoe purchase. Whilst it does have a scheduler, unfortunately due to issues with the Zoe falling asleep and not charging when using the Chargevision scheduler it feeds a constant 1kW when connected to the car (to stop the car sleeping) even outside the scheduled times, so I'd rather not use the Chargevision scheduler
Veeva

Post by Veeva »

We have ordered an Enyaq and started enquiring about the chargeur as we have received this warning from BP Pulse (formerly Chargemaster):
"Your home charger will not be compatible. As Renault Zoe's are built to the unique standards of French power delivery and cabling, the unit has been created to be compatible with this model. Renault-compatible units will not work with any other brand of manufacturer. If you were to have a replacement home charger for your Skoda, it would be compatible with most other manufacturers, with the exception of Renault."
Has anyone else had problems charging their Enyaq on their BP Pulse/Chargemaster unit?
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Eh? That sounds bonkers! No idea about BP Pulse, but there's certainly nothing stopping a Zoe from charging on standard chargers - my Mum's Zoe chargers on a standard Zappi...
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post