Max mileage from a charge. Real world?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Daveirl

Post by Daveirl »

What's the most mileage you have gotten out of a single charge?
Mention if you have 60 or 80.
Have a heat pump?
Other items that would help in crease mileage

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

IV80 no heat pump.

I rarely take it below ~20 miles left but if I recall correctly, my longest journey with no charging stops, was 246 miles with 45 miles of range left in the battery. That was on a cold winter’s day last Nov.

I don’t doubt I’d be able to do over 300 miles in the current climate ( this morning’s predicted range shown below).

DE3EBBFF-64D0-43E2-987A-D601F0372A02.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Not really a valid question, as it depends massively on how and where you drive.
If you were to ask a petrol car owner the same question what would they reply? Acceleration is the killer, just like on petrol and diesel cars. I’ve burnt through a tank of fuel on a track day in under 50 miles in the same car that I’ve driven 400 miles to Scotland in on the same amount of petrol.
If I’m careful and on long motorway journeys, I’ve had over 300 miles from my Enyaq 80. But on average popping to the shops and the office it’s more like 270 at this time of year. If I was to drive fast up and down hills with lots of slowing down and speeding up then I would expect nearer 200.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

————————
Copied directly from one of my previous posts, hence any seemingly random comments:

==============

The estimated range at 80% for example (or 100% if you charge to the max) will absolutely vary, depending on what type of driving you’ve been doing over the past ‘x’ hundred miles since the last charge. By ‘type’ that includes speed, acceleration, av. journey distance, hills vs flats, outside temperatures, heater settings etc.

I’ve driven a variety of journey types now, across a wide enough range of temperatures to see - and predict - a bit of a pattern.

Sometimes I like to enjoy fast acceleration and generally keeping to 70 on motorways. If the car thinks that’s how my driving style will be going forward, then after a 100% charge, it may only give me 230 miles of predicted range for the next time I use the car ( I have an IV80 ).

However if I then drive sympathetically in warmer conditions (and keeping to 60 mph on the motorway) then instead of only having the 230 miles it initially predicted, I might actually achieve 280 miles (for example).

If that’s the case, then the next time I charge to 100% (at home on a slow charger), the car will think I will continue to drive sympathetically, and may give me a prediction of 280 miles. If I then choose to drive / accelerate enthusiastically or my journey ‘type’ isn’t conducive to efficiency, then I’ll likely achieve a fair bit less than 280 miles.

It behaves exactly as I’d expect, according to the way I’ve been driving prior to my next charge 👍

==============

By the way, the best I’ve been able to achieve in my non-heat pump IV80, is around 300 miles (well, around 260 actual miles and 40 left in the battery). This was after driving very carefully at around 60mph for a long time on the motorway. I would expect an IV60 to be around 60 or 70 miles less in terms of capacity when driven the same way.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Daveirl

Post by Daveirl »

I think it is valid question. Taking in for account different driving styles, weather, time of year etc. The question is what is the max you have gotten from a full charge. Interested as everyone is going to be different.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

The motorway kills my range. I tend to put the cruise on at 77 with a car of 4 adults I can expect about 250 miles in my IV80. Around town though and its very hilly here in West Yorks I can get about 300 miles in the summer of course.

Knock @ 20% off the above for winter driving.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I believe the Norwegian equivalent of the AA managed to get around 360 miles from an Enyaq 80 over a mix of road types during their test of what cars would do if you ran them until they stopped. Obviously you wouldn't do that in real life ;) I did see one trial where someone started high up in the Pyrenees mountains and drove an EV (Tesla 3 I think) to the coast, covering something like 600 miles. Obviously that well exceeds the 'normal' expected range, as it was mostly downhill requiring no battery power at all.

If you're interested in how much difference a heat pump makes, I wrote a huge post explaining how it works and where it'll benefit most. TL;DR: just like a petrol or diesel car, if you do journeys of over 20 miles a lot, you'll get most benefit. It needs time for the motor and battery to get hot in order to use that heat for the cabin. On short journeys they don't get that hot, so it has to work harder to get the temperature you want. But it's better than the hairdryer PTC on non-heat pump cars even then.

The other way I look at it though is that I can drive about 2-3 hours before I need to stop for the loo. The car can do way more than that. How much more doesn't really matter. So as long as I can find somewhere to charge about every 150 miles or so there's no problem. Running it down to 10% and charging up to 100% is not the best way to drive an EV. Adding 15-20 minutes of charge every couple of hours is far more sensible. But it does take a change in mindset about how you drive a car if you're not used to EVs. Stopping more also means you're more relaxed and less likely to have an accident or arrive stressed and aching.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
TaxiDee

Post by TaxiDee »

Screenshot_20220715-110241_MyKODA.jpg

Hi all , I use my IV 80 as a taxi in Dublin so it's a mix if motorway and city driving . Today my app is showing me 501 kms for 100% charge .
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Im getting about 290 miles at the moment with mixed motorway and around town driving, then I drive home, downhill most of the way and it goes up to about 300 with about 6 miles used.

If I only use around town, I suspect I would get over 300 miles predicted range after a charge. I don't use A/C but sunroof and windows open.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Daveirl

Post by Daveirl »

397 on a full charge for iv60.. Mainly city driving and odd bit of motorway

Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-04-17-16_85ef236adec9730d72107b289b7c5082.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post