Sd slot

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Podcasts work really well through CarPlay if you have an iPhone. “Hey Siri, play A Problem Squared Podcast” works nicely. You can also skip to the next episode with voice or the steering wheel buttons.

But yes, it’s nice to know that there are many options which will suit different people.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

GavinT

Post by GavinT »

I listen to podcasts as often as I can in my Enyaq (which is whenever I am alone in the car) through Apple CarPlay using an app called Downcast. Podcast episodes are usually already downloaded onto my phone so no usage of phone data plan. Great that podcasts can be controlled (play, pause, skip forward, skip back) through: (i) Carplay interface itself; (ii) the media player interface on the Enyaq's infotainment system; or (iii) the multi-function steering wheel.

In the case of the steering wheel controls, the 'radio station' left and right selectors skip the podcast back or forward the specified number of seconds, which is particularly useful for skipping through adverts without having to take eyes off the road or hand off the steering wheel.

Functionality may depend on the particular podcast app you use.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Yep, there are many ways to skin a cat, and although mine suits me, I am sure others ways are just as suitable.

I use an Android phone, but even then, I expect I could set it up to do what I wanted, with podcasts and such, without the Echo Auto. But it definitely makes it easy for me.

The main reason is familiarity, and also it means that my podcast/audible content, being accessed via Alexa, share the same content and - importantly - bookmarks as the Echo/Alexa kit I have and use in my home (particularly my podcast-playing Alexa alarm clock). It also means I can play Alexa-voiced readings of whatever book I am currently reading on my Kindle.

As is often the case, it depends on what overall system you have bought into.

As it happens, in my quick experiments I noticed that playing music ("Alexa, play music by XXXXX") brought play/pause next/previous controls up on the Infortainment, exactly as it had for USB-stick content. So it looks like I am not losing functionality there.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Guitar George

Post by Guitar George »

I can't get my infotainment system to recognise the music. It's in the drive root directory but in album folders. Is this what's causing the problem?
I've just read my own post and it's a bit short on details.
Music on a USB stick, plugged via a usb-c to usb-a adaptor.
I go into the menu and choose media.
It gives me the playlist/artist/album buttons but nothing appears.
There needs to be an "idiot's guide" somewhere. Is there one?