Noise during charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
thomas42

Post by thomas42 »

Hello,
I was charging the car after 100 km during the trip. (DC 50kW) The ambient temperature was 28 degrees, I had the air conditioning off during the trip.
During the first 5 minutes a relatively faint sound was heard from the right front wheel. I opened the capote and recorded it. I never noticed it. It's not a very distinctive sound.
Has anyone encountered this problem please? I'm worried about a bad heat pump or air conditioner.

Sound https://t.co/amuILGptvi (Shared video with Apple iCloud)

RichR

Post by RichR »

There will be sound from the compressor, coolant pump and fans as the car has to heat or cool the battery to maintain it in the optimum temperature range whilst charging.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Tertsi

Post by Tertsi »

Hi!

I had similar problem and that noise, charging with DC 50kw and outside temperature was +29C. Two days later whole air conditioner went dead and now my Skoda dealer is trying to solve that problem, my Enyaq is only 1 month old. Nice...
Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

I've heard noise from this area after returning from a 90 mile road trip on a hot sunny day. I just put it down to fans "doing what they need to do"? The car seemed to charge and run fine the day after.
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post