"Unable to load connection status"

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RichR

Post by RichR »

There are a few factors as to what probably causes the car and servers to be unable to talk to each other over the internet.

1- Skoda's servers unable to be contacted by the car. This could be because they're down for maintenance, or a network load issue for example.
2 - An issue with internet data routing between the mobile phone mast and Skoda's servers.
3 - Poor mobile signal where your car is. If it remains poor for more than a day, this might put it into a state where it only tries once a day to save power.
4 - An actual fault with the 4G module in the car. If this happens, you'll see the SOS light go red though.

Poor mobile signal (Vodafone I think) is most likely. Once it goes into the 'don't try to connect to often' mode (which is sensible as a car may be in a place with no mobile signal such as an underground carpark or on a boat), then you can either wait a couple of days once the signal is good again or force it back to checking every 5 minutes by pulling the fuse. We obviously can't do much about the Skoda side of the connection.

So the fix would be to campaign for better mobile phone coverage in your area I guess :) It's usually just one bar showing on the signal strength indicator at my house - I've had to reset it twice in the last 6 months when it's lost it. There's not a lot we can do about the internet or Skoda's servers.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Makima

Post by Makima »

The sad thing is, unfortunately, in the last 5 months I had to stop charging and continue 10 times remotely and always some problem, and on the other hand I have wifi air conditioning at the cottage and run it a couple of hours before arrival for two years never but never scheduled and always available , maybe that wolsfburg copies sinclair software
khikhi

Post by khikhi »

I also had this issue for four days. I was just about to remove fuse 19, but decided to contact Skoda with contact form.

The answer came within 36 hours and theirs solution worked for me. I had no bars beside the globe, but after removing mySkoda app from my phone and reinstalling it the connection returned.

Worth to try before removing the fuse or factory reset.
80x Sportline with almost all packs
Ordered Aug 2021 - Delivered May 2022
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

This might be related.

78D27F1C-7F4F-4DAB-9246-410AFFBD8660.jpeg

Sat in a Tesco Carpark getting free juice (thanks Tesco/VW/Podpoint), noticed an OTA update which includes the fix below;

• Minor improvements
• Errors fixed

I was having issues registering as the primary user with a constant “Sorry, something went wrong. You are now driving as a guest. You can start your registration process at any time”, which defaulted me to Guest user account. After the update, I was able to register as the primary user and access to functionalities on the MyŠKODA app, FINALLY!!

P.S I’m on the v3.0 Software.

ACEADE61-6566-479E-A6FC-7376EA3C8AB7.jpeg

Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Encouraging!
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

I got the dreaded S-PIN screen after the vehicle was turned off and on again, tried following instructions on the MyŠKODA app to reset the PIN but vehicle not recognising new PIN, one attempt left before it locks the PIN ;) ..

I’ll update if I’m successful in sorting it out.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Skeniv wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:44 pm I got the dreaded S-PIN screen after the vehicle was turned off and on again, tried following instructions on the MyŠKODA app to reset the PIN but vehicle not recognising new PIN, one attempt left before it locks the PIN ;) ..

I’ll update if I’m successful in sorting it out.

Ok issue with S-PIN seems to be sorted now, I think.

On the mySkoda app, tap the More tab on the bottom > Settings cog top right > Reset S-PIN.

In order to continue using Škoda Connect services you’ll have to reactivate vehicle by removing it from the mySkoda app and adding it again (using VIN) and going through the vehicle activation setup; scanning the barcode to activate primary user, then enter your newly reset S-PIN.

Once done, on the Users screen, tap settings bottom right > Login details > Protect user profile with S-PIN and switch OFF the PIN requirement or leave it on. If you choose to, it will prompt for the PIN every time you start the vehicle.
Ssskhoda

Post by Ssskhoda »

Had same prob few days ago. Read the forum about removing fuse .And crikey it worked within minutes - connection restored.
What a faff - but than it's a Skoda - to be expected
RichR

Post by RichR »

It’s the same in many modern cars that rely on a mobile data connection, this isn’t unique to the Enyaq.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Similar issue trying to pair app. Both the car & app were talking to the server as the countdown on the car screen disappeared when I confirmed the pairing in the app.
The I found that there was a software update pending (version 3), downloaded that & paired the app next try.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post