Lost heat pump cooling and heating

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
zice

Post by zice »

Mellowdogs_life wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:06 pm Update - no CO2 in the system (so mechanical), but the dealer doesn't have the right equipment to trace the offending part as its high pressure CO2 not standard refrigerant.

Great :roll:
told you ;)

wonder if the leaking CO2 counts as emissions :))))))))

Mellowdogs_life

Post by Mellowdogs_life »

:D
Erakettu wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:28 pm Hope a leek isn't the problem.
*Ba-dum-tss*
Mellowdogs_life

zice wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:06 am
Mellowdogs_life wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:06 pm Update - no CO2 in the system (so mechanical), but the dealer doesn't have the right equipment to trace the offending part as its high pressure CO2 not standard refrigerant.

Great :roll:
told you ;)

wonder if the leaking CO2 counts as emissions :))))))))
You did indeed...!
Mellowdogs_life

Deasea wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:11 am Mellowdogs_life - Having been through this process (search 'Climatronic') I can sympathise with what you are going through. Skoda UK are fully aware of what happened with my car and what and how the repair was completed. I hope this will help in streamlining their response to your situation.

You mention that the Audi dealer found was miles away 'from' the south coast. Is this correct as the VAG member used in my case was 'on' the south coast.
Ah, okay. Thanks. They haven't actually confirmed where it is yet; I just got the impression it's miles away. It will almost certainly be the same one they used for you, so thanks for pointing that out.

Your case has most definitely helped my situation as its the same person at Skoda UK dealing with it I think, as he said he's been through this before so it should be quicker this time.

The dealer has been helpful too, so we should get there soon hopefully.

The dealer commented that all the air con services on these cars will start to be due in the next 18 months or so, so the dealers will have to aquire the correct kit before long anyway! Not that helps me or you, but hopefully not too many more people will have to put up with what we've had too, fingers crossed.

Will update again once its fully resolved.
Mellowdogs_life

Update: Change of plan apparently. Skoda UK are planning to provide the retailer with the kit to do the job on loan from their UK HQ... then insist they buy their own (as per their contract to be an authorised Skoda Repairer). That's the plan anyway, so I'm told. Let's see how long it takes to manifest itself into a fixed car though...
Mellowdogs_life

Update: Skoda UK can't or won't lend the kit to the dealer, stating it is a requirement of their authorised repairer status that they purchase the kit. I belive its about 10k though, so not surprisingly the dealer doesn't want to buy it to do one repair. Guess who is stuck in the middle of the argument, at no fault, with a broken car?

It's a ridiculous situation...
zice

Post by zice »

get a lawyer to write them a friendly statement.
consult with him/her what your options are.
they'll come around...just need a little incentive such as above.

or spare the drama and search for another dealer/garage.
feel free to flood social media with dealer's name/location and give them some negative stick.

fuckers playing with customers' time and nerves, need to be taught a lesson.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Indeed - your contract for service is with Skoda UK, not with any specific dealership. Take your business elsewhere.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I found it quite difficult to find a number for ‘Skoda UK’ recently, but this number seems to work:

03330 037 504

Hope that helps and best of luck !
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Mellowdogs_life

Thanks for your replies.

I am talking regularly with Skoda UK - choosing to try to work with them, not against them. I've piled a lot of pressure on and am getting daily calls now. They have authorised a 3rd party to gas and re-gas, and found a machine, but the local dealer still doesn't seem to want to go ahead for various reasons - allegedly because of the time to drive the vehicle back allowing time for gas to escape before diagnosis (which is BS in my opinion). I have, as you suggested, told Skoda UK I will take the vehicle to a different dealer, which is very close to the Audi dealer. This should work better hopefully, and Skoda UK are going to coordinate it with the Service Manager so he is aware of the context and knows how it needs to be sorted.

If this doesn't work, I will push for them to authorise Audi to do the diagnosis and repair. They are VAG group afterall.

The only threat I have made (preferring to get them to want to help rather than beat them into it) is to involve the MD of Skoda UK. I have his email address, but have yet to use it. For now...

It will get sorted eventually somehow. But frankly it's piss poor that it's taking this long.

Will update thread again once I hear from the new dealer...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post