Mirrorlink

The place to discuss everything else..
TaxiDee

Post by TaxiDee »

Hi guys , I'm wondering if you can help me? I have recently bought a Skoda Enyaq IV 80 Electric race blue. I love the car but I can't seem to get mirrorlink to work , it won't pair with my Samsung android phone. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the box , that's why I drive a taxi ;) . Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Derek

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Sorry, can't help with your issue but interesting that you are a Taxi driver presumably using the Enyaq as the Taxi.
What do you charge? (over and above that of your previous ICE car) and how is the Enyaq as a Taxi?.
Do customers comment on the car and do you market the green credentials etc?
How do you find charging and battery life - Is it not a costly burden having to charge?.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
TaxiDee

Post by TaxiDee »

Hi Metalandhammer , thanks for replying. Yes I use my IV 80 as a taxi customers frequently comment on the build and comfort of the car , bearing in mind that I'm in Ireland and we are way wayyyyy behind the UK when it comes to EV usage. I think so far this year about 25% of new vehicles are EV but we have a long to go to catch up with you guys. As regards , I charge on street fast charge to 80 % battery once per day , my last ice was a hybrid and it was costing average €170 per week to run. The Enyaq at the moment is costing roughly €50 to € 60 for the same amount of driving. As I say I charge on street mostly but once per week I bring the battery up too 100% on a slow charger. I'd be really interested to hear how you guys over are doing regarding battery life , also my Skoda maim dealer has told me the car needs inspection every 15000 kms!!!! Is this true ? I read online somewhere that it should be every 2 yrs regardless of mileage and I find it hard to trust main dealers. Any info would be appreciated.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I was told every 2 years or 20k for a service. I dont get why the service is so expensive compared to my previous diesel tarraco that was on the long life service plan of every 2 years or 20k. As im going though VW finance they threw in the first service.

Nice to hear a real opinion on the cost saving by going electric.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
TaxiDee

Post by TaxiDee »

It's interesting how they you in the UK 20000 MILES or 2yrs yet in Ireland they're telling me every 15000 KMS ! It'd be nice if Skoda would get they're shit together and give us a definitive answer, having said Im super happy with my purchase . Ordered it in late August and received it eventually in April of this year. I already have 11000 kms up on the clock :)
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

metalmadhammer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:13 am Sorry, can't help with your issue but interesting that you are a Taxi driver presumably using the Enyaq as the Taxi.
Most of the Enyaqs I see in central London are private hire vehicles, mostly 60s
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

TaxiDee, best to use Android auto.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

TaxiDee wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:33 pm Hi Metalandhammer , thanks for replying. Yes I use my IV 80 as a taxi customers frequently comment on the build and comfort of the car , bearing in mind that I'm in Ireland and we are way wayyyyy behind the UK when it comes to EV usage. I think so far this year about 25% of new vehicles are EV but we have a long to go to catch up with you guys. As regards , I charge on street fast charge to 80 % battery once per day , my last ice was a hybrid and it was costing average €170 per week to run. The Enyaq at the moment is costing roughly €50 to € 60 for the same amount of driving. As I say I charge on street mostly but once per week I bring the battery up too 100% on a slow charger. I'd be really interested to hear how you guys over are doing regarding battery life , also my Skoda maim dealer has told me the car needs inspection every 15000 kms!!!! Is this true ? I read online somewhere that it should be every 2 yrs regardless of mileage and I find it hard to trust main dealers. Any info would be appreciated.
:D Thanks TaxiDee
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

When recently I transitioned (oh!) to Android-a relatively cheap Motorola G50-from Apple the new phone synced ‘mirrored’ seamlessly and easily with the Enyaq. (This may have been rendered easier as I had loaded so little onto the phone at that time…)

There are very few free to use public charge points in my town. They are perpetually filled by taxis!

I am just on the one year anniversary of Enyaq ownership. It has been an interesting ride. My supplying dealers are in a state of confusion regarding servicing intervals: emails and telephone calls urging me to book it in for service….but fortunately I know that it is a two year service interval. High price? That’ll be summat to do with maintaining margins methinks.

Fossilnot