Would you go back to ICE ?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
white67

Post by white67 »

Nope.
Here's why :

Car 1 - 36 months = £6600 / 27k miles (A3 3.2)
Car 2 - 30 months = £6100 / 20k miles (911 3.8)
Car 3 - 37 months = £7800 / 37k miles (RS3 2.5)
Car 4 - 36 months = £1140 / 28 k miles (Golf GTE hybrid)
Car 5 - 17 months = £850 / 11 k miles (Golf GTE hybrid)
Car 6 - 5 months = £140 / 4.5k miles (Skoda EV)

The EV is a no brainer really - though I do benefit from solar panels/powerbank and free charging at work.
If I paid for it all, notionally using 3.1kW/mile : so @ £0.26/kW = £380 if using standard electrons.

Numbers exclude servicing, tyres etc.

In looking up my old data for the above info, and thinking about the present "cost of living media invented crisis" the max price of petrol, April 2011, was 149.1p/litre.
Ok, that would have been super 4* but not cheap even 11 years ago.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus

TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

I've had 5 lease cars since 2007 and they have been Diesel > Diesel > Diesel > Petrol Hybrid > Electric

So i've been in an EV for over 3 years and I love driving electric, even putting the cost aside it's just such a more relaxed refined quiet experience. We also have a small Petrol hatchback and it's quite fun to drive in a way but in no way would I voluntarily return to a combustion vehicle.

This is the big bit the Anti-EV crowd like to ignore, that those in these EV's have often had many years experience owning, driving and paying for combustion vehicles....we know what it's like but we also know EV's....we subsequently tend to have the most balanced opinions.

As a side note my Petrol Hybrid was a Mercedes c350e estate, absolutely gorgeous car with 285bhp, fast, refined, luxurious......my EV is a Leaf and it feels the Enyaq will be much closer inside to the Merc than the Leaf.
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

@TheCorm, I think that you need to put cost aside (with the exception of company car tax) and have a preference for electrics as you said.

If its a Private buy the numbers won't add up due to such a large outlay unless your doing serious miles but then you won't want an electric due to the charging.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

metalmadhammer wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:55 pm @TheCorm, I think that you need to put cost aside (with the exception of company car tax) and have a preference for electrics as you said.

If its a Private buy the numbers won't add up due to such a large outlay unless your doing serious miles but then you won't want an electric due to the charging.
Yeah can't argue with that, still very expensive as a private buy, for a business lease individual like myself it would be nuts to not get an EV.....worse driving experience (for me anyway) and ten times the tax. We have free to use chargepoints at the office too.
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Skeniv wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:14 am Once I take delivery of the Enyaq, it’ll be the first EV in my care, it is a 48 months lease through my work and I have the option at any point to get a quote for the vehicle and buy it outright or finance it as my own, that’s all subject to how my experience into the EV world will be in the next year or two of ownership but I have a strong feeling I may not return to ICE again, willingly, at all, unless circumstances beyond my control leads to me having an ICE vehicle again. I hope not.

One full week since my iV60 was delivered and I’ve done just under 500miles (Usually double the mileage when work is extremely busy. I’ve been restraining myself not to keep going on drives 🙃). I can say without a doubt and surety at this point I hope I never have a need to go back to an ICE vehicle. I’ve never been a petrol/piston head so this experience with an EV so far has won me over. Thanks to the Enyaq? 😎
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post