Reversing camera

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

[/quote]

Yes it's standard and in about 4 months they'll look nothing like that if you pressure wash your car ! I'm assuming that's the reason mine now resemble a Jackson Pollock painting.
[/quote]

Pressure washing ruins the ŠKODA projections? Wow, that’s unfortunate. Is it water ingress or something?

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ One of mine is just starting to go. There’s one extra blob of light emerging. It’s been washed 4 times since I got it in November by one of those hand car wash places.

In my opinion, they’d have been better off with puddle lights under the doors; these projected Skoda logos aren’t very effective at actually illuminating something you want to avoid stepping into.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I always clean my car at home and it's the only thing I can think of that would end up getting water in that area, just another crap design IMO.

I can't remember where they were in the Karoq I think it was in the door.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

IanEV wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:28 pm Slightly off topic but my car has started lighting up my drive at night. I don’t think it did that before? Can’t see it in the brochure. Is this standard?

This is the state of both of mine ATM

PXL_20220530_210447017.jpg

PXL_20220530_210501502.jpg

60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

sorry not the best picture in the world (all the lights are a bit bright)

But you can see I now have 2 reverse lights and 2 fog lights

BF8607F3-A8AB-4175-9C23-199AE47CF365.jpeg

I have at last got my left hand reverse and fog light from a left hard drive Enyaq fitted and it really has made a big difference when reversing (and it looks a lot better as well)

And with the reverse camera cover to stop the glare off the number plate my reverse camera is so much better now
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
HairyCowMan

Post by HairyCowMan »

DazF05 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:02 pm sorry not the best picture in the world (all the lights are a bit bright)

But you can see I now have 2 reverse lights and 2 fog lights

BF8607F3-A8AB-4175-9C23-199AE47CF365.jpeg

I have at last got my left hand reverse and fog light from a left hard drive Enyaq fitted and it really has made a big difference when reversing (and it looks a lot better as well)

And with the reverse camera cover to stop the glare off the number plate my reverse camera is so much better now
They look good. Do you have the LHD lights part numbers & are they easy to fit?
Cheers
80 Suite ordered 8/1/22
Collected 2/2/23
Arctic Silver
19" Regulus
Climate Plus
Drive Sport Basic
Assisted Drive Basic
Family Basic
Zappi charger & Solar
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Hello

I have just had a look at the part numbers on both lights (old without lights and new) and it is exactly the same number so that must be the part number for the light housing only

So I don’t know the part number sorry

And it was very easy to physically fit to the car as it is just 3 screws and they are very easy to get too

The wiring wasn’t to bad at all if you are ok with a soldering iron, thankfully there is a small connecting wire which goes from the PCB in the light to the harness of the car and I just used that to connect to so you are not having to do any work on the wiring harness itself

I found it all pretty straight forward and even better the canbus light system hasn’t lite the warning light which is great news
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
HairyCowMan

Post by HairyCowMan »

DazF05 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:18 pm Hello

I have just had a look at the part numbers on both lights (old without lights and new) and it is exactly the same number so that must be the part number for the light housing only

So I don’t know the part number sorry

And it was very easy to physically fit to the car as it is just 3 screws and they are very easy to get too

The wiring wasn’t to bad at all if you are ok with a soldering iron, thankfully there is a small connecting wire which goes from the PCB in the light to the harness of the car and I just used that to connect to so you are not having to do any work on the wiring harness itself

I found it all pretty straight forward and even better the canbus light system hasn’t lite the warning light which is great news
Cheers Daz
I’ll see what mine are like when it eventually arrives & decide what to do then
80 Suite ordered 8/1/22
Collected 2/2/23
Arctic Silver
19" Regulus
Climate Plus
Drive Sport Basic
Assisted Drive Basic
Family Basic
Zappi charger & Solar
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

BioHzrd wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:11 am
IanEV wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:28 pm Slightly off topic but my car has started lighting up my drive at night. I don’t think it did that before? Can’t see it in the brochure. Is this standard?

This is the state of both of mine ATM
Oh dear not good. Does the light get projected from the wing mirror or door sill?

It’s okay I can answer my on question it’s the bottom on the door mirror- I won’t be pressure washing that bit.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
MarkSalmon

Post by MarkSalmon »

I've had an on going issue with Skoda and my local dealer on this - the dealer admitted he had received other complaints - even from a guy with the matrix headlights and therefore double rear lights. Eventually, several months ago now, my dealer service manager agreed to champion this problem with Skoda on my behalf. Since then nothing. He even refuses to take my calls or call me back. What makes it worse is that my previous car, a VW Passat, had a camera that gave a brilliant view at night - as clear as day - which made reversing a doddle, so the technology exists within the group. Now, as others have suggested, we are in the habit of using the braking light to give a moderately useful view. The car is fantastic but on this issue Skoda's response has been pathetic.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post