charging at Tesla supercharger - possible in Enyaq?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
TheYak

Post by TheYak »

Hello,
Wondered if anyone had tried charging as a "non-tesla" at a tesla supercharger station.
I just downloaded the app as instructed here:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/non ... ercharging
There's not a huge number of available sites and non near enough for me to check unless I'm on a real road trip, but there are some in some in some very useful locations from my perspective.

I wondered if tesla had lengthened the cables in the public available trial locations.... otherwise us Enyaq drivers will be out of luck, and i don't want to waste my time / block other users.
Anyone tried / know the answer?
Thanks.

Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

The Tesla supercharger cables remains as standard and due to the charge port location on the Enyaq it will definitely block a spot.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
TheYak

Post by TheYak »

Thanks.
It's a pity that Tesla doesn't provide a list of which makes/models can and can't use their network.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Are the cables really short then?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Yes the cable is short, just long enough to reach the Enyaq charging port however.

Handy diagram guide on how to ‘line up’ the Enyaq at a super charger:

5F2F7E75-232A-4BFD-92C0-C1AE8A586DC7.jpeg

More info on the Tesla Support page: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/non ... ercharging
On Site
Does the Supercharger cable reach all EVs?
Certain Supercharger site layouts may not be suitable for some cars. Please do not obstruct other cars by parking over the lines if the cable cannot comfortably reach your car.

Do Supercharger posts support all connector types?
This pilot is only accessible for CCS-enabled vehicles. If a Supercharger post has two cables, Non-Tesla cars can only charge with the CCS connector. If the connector does not fit your car, please report it to Tesla Customer Support.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Looks like from the diagram you effectively take out two bays in the goofy situation? :?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

It’s not pretty especially for cars with the charge port on the rear right side or front left side of the driver, but according to Tesla Owners Club when the announcement opening 15 of the 98 UK superchargers to non Teslas was made:
Non-Tesla owners blocking bays causing Tesla owners to wait hasn't happened to date across the test sites in Netherlands, France and Norway (as confirmed by other Tesla owners club we've spoken with + Tesla themselves) we hope this continues in the UK trials.
I haven’t seen any updated info on whether this has happened in the UK since the pilot superchargers were opened (May 18th ‘22), apart from the odd Teslarati grumbling about having to share with non Teslas. ;)
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

As I understand the Tesla trial, quieter sites have been selected to establish whether non-Tesla’s delay Tesla drivers. A Tesla simply plugs in and is automatically connected, non-Tesla’s will have to open the Tesla App which all takes time. Tesla’s all charge at 170 kWh minimum whereas other EVs might only be charging at 50kWh or less, all of which can contribute to delays. At busier times Tesla’s can be automatically disconnected at 80%, not sure if can happen with other EVs on a Tesla site.

Unfortunately there are no trial sites in Dorset or anywhere near, so will have to wait a while before trying.

If it leads to higher usage, little or no delays and the income generated invested in more Tesla sites then this will benefit all EV owners.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

Hi all. Charged up at the Tesla site in Cambridge. As you say parked rear in to the charger but had to park in the adjacent bay for the cable to reach. Tesla web site does say its only a trial and depending on Tesla owners acceptance/disapproval it may well be rolled out to more sites depending. Of the 16? ports in Cambridge only 2 were in use as well as me so no problem.
P.S. This is a park and ride so would expect high use depending on time of day.
TheCorm

Post by TheCorm »

My thoughts when they were doing this is that long term they should make half the chargers at the site "universal" and refit them with longer CCS cables to accommodate other makes and keep the rest for Tesla only, a bit like they do with their destination chargers. Feels like a way to keep everyone at least moderately happy.
iv60 in Race Blue, Loft interior with 20" Vega wheels - Ordered Sep21, Delivered 25/07/22
Packs - Comfort seat plus, Family, Climate plus, Drive Sport, Assisted drive, Parking, Convenience, Heat Pump.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post