10-point turn. Easy in an Enyaq. Must be a nightmare in a VW ID3 or 4 !

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Found myself having to do a 10-point turn to turn around in a tiny passageway earlier (ok, I didn’t count, but it required a lot of delicate forward and reverse actions).

Conclusion: dead easy in the Enyaq (with Auto Hold off). Simply just had to flick the button in the centre console from D to R as many times as I needed to. No issues.

That got me thinking… such a manoeuvre must surely be so much more tricky in an id3 or id4 with the gear selector up there on the dash ! I suppose you’d get used to it, but I can’t identify anything ‘better’ about their system.

D6CC55E4-052D-4053-AA16-4A0EB01F01D2.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Before I test drove the Enyaq and the ID4 I thought the steering wheel mounted control would be the better option and that it was wrong to have the control where the Enyaq has it.

I really didn’t like driving the ID4 on the test drive it just felt like an awkward drive. Whereas the Enyaq just felt simple - that and the boot size are the selling points of the car.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I test drove both the id3 and 4 before deciding the enyaq was the car for me. I didnt like the display stuck on the steering column. I had a moment when i tried to find reverse in both of where on earth is the gear selector. Thankfully i wasnt holding anyone up either time.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post