Security Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Fortunately it was dry overnight. When I went to the Enyaq this morning both front windows were wide open and the car was unlocked. Nothing had been disturbed, nothing was missing. As far as I could tell the car had opened itself up and invited theft…

Anybody had similar?

Fossilnot

tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Fossilnot wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:49 am Fortunately it was dry overnight. When I went to the Enyaq this morning both front windows were wide open and the car was unlocked. Nothing had been disturbed, nothing was missing. As far as I could tell the car had opened itself up and invited theft…

Anybody had similar?

Fossilnot
Have you held the "Open" button on your key accidentally? Perhaps in your pocket in the house or something? I have done this with my fabia before.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

I still do this with my current Superb, accidentally pressing one of the buttons and end up unlocking the vehicle, wind down mirrors, etc. It’ll be great to have a notification from the mySkoda app every time these functions get activated via the key in case they were inadvertently activated.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

No, certainly didn’t hold the key. I do carry it on a ring with a number of other keys so accidental activation s a possibility. I’ve never got anywhere with the Skoda app…

Fossilnot
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

This happened to me a couple of times. I disabled "convenience window opening" about 5 months ago and it hasn't happened since.
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Good advice-I’ll follow suit. Thanks.

Fossilnot
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Yes, i've had this before so I always look out the window at the car as i slip my keys into their RFID blocking pouches.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post