What is your Enyaq Worth?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
parkview094

Post by parkview094 »

The 2nd hand EV market is a weird beast I'd have thought. On the one hand, the list price of the car new includes VAT, so you'd thought you'd lose that immediately if selling privately 2nd hand. Also, uniquely to EVs - the government tax incentives mean 2nd hand EVs are disproportionately expensive to new ones as you lose access to the various schemes. I can afford a new Enyaq, but there's no way I can afford a 2nd hand one. On the flip side, there's got to be a premium for being able to jump the queue. And potentially up to 12 months worth of petrol savings must have some value...
I must admit when mine eventually arrives, if I could make 10% on it by selling it on; I probably would..
Enyaq iV80, ecoSuite, Metallic Brilliant Silver, Heat Pump, Climate Pack, Convenience Pack Plus, Transport Pack, Panoramic Roof.
Ohme Home Pro Charger (Tethered)
Ordered 13/10/21. Order accepted July 2022. Build Week 44 (31st October). Collected 17/12/22

RichR

Post by RichR »

WBAC offered me £25 for my 1996 Subaru Legacy GTB with 80,000 miles. That's the 2.0 litre twin turbo Japanese import huge 4WD estate car with Bilstein suspension, does 0-60 in 5.2s, and held the FIA record for fastest production estate car and fastest 24 hour average speed for years. I guess they didn't think they'd be able to sell it as they didn't know what it was. It was worth based on completed sales of similar cars on Autotrader at the time around £8000.

What all these places offer is what they think they can make a set profit on if they were to sell it through the part of their business that sells cars. If they don't think there's a demand for that model, or it's got something undesirable they'll knock the price right down.

Having said that, last year Motorway and WBAC both offered me within £500 of what Skoda did for my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. I guess though, last year there was massive demand for plugin hybrids, and it's a UK model that was only 5 years old and in really good condition.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Just adding to this debate regarding online valuations and do you really get that price when a physical examination takes place , well from my experience I got a valuation on my previous Skoda and thought it was too good to be a genuine price but went along to the dedicated valuation center and was given a price that included administration fee and also the extra fee if I wanted 24 hours payment guarantee and the sum total was £150 less than the online valuation to which I handed my car over there and then , also the price was £4500 more than the dealer had a allowed in p/x when we placed an order for the Enyaq ,sowe were very happy and how smooth the whole process was ,oh and by the way it was WBAC
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

We just used WBAC to help a relative get rid of a 10 year old C-Max (which they’d have let go for £200 scrap value, had I not intervened! Nothing wrong except the A/C!).

The online configurator said £3000. They gave £2650 after an appointment, taking into account the A/C fault. Overall very happy. They said they just send them off to auction and hope to make a 2 or 3 hundred quid on that level of car.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Don't forget that We Buy Any Car is owned by British Car Auctions, who also own Cinch. So they have the whole 'acquire second hand cars' and 'sell second hand cars', plus the ability to prevent anyone else buying at auction cars that they know they can sell themselves, because they control the bulk of car auctions in the UK too. If you sell anything still in manufacturer warranty through WBAC, it probably will end up for sale through Cinch, rather than going to general auction. So if you've got a car that they know they can sell easily, you do often get a good price as a result.

Several of the other online car buying companies were largely set up to try to be more competitive in order to prevent BCA from completely controlling the market. I've got a friend who manages a car dealership (sadly not Skoda), and the whole second hand car market has been totally changed in the last five years, partially by BCA's actions, but more but COVID and people deciding not to sell. That's left them short of stock, and finding it very difficult to get anything to sell other than what they get in part-ex from new car sales.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
WD40

Post by WD40 »

Had the car 6 months and we buy any car quoted £37k which is around the original price. Finance settlement comes in at £28k. Tempting to trade in for a new one with better spec but the long waiting lists are the only thing stopping me as it obviously won’t be worth that in a year!
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Just got an updated valuation from WBAC and we stand to make a £4000 profit not that we will as we are very happy the car and especially the economy
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My WBAC valuation has increased since starting this thread, car is now 7 months old and approaching 4K miles, however, still slightly below what I paid new and even if could order a replacement IV60 the actual replacement cost, with loss of EV grant and price increases, is additional £4K+. Slightly bemused as recently sold my 40 month old VW UP GTi through Carwow for just £1500 less than new price, so very happy with that. My current Tesla Model 3 order has already saved me £4.5k with Tesla’s latest price increase. So my Enyaq does appear to be slightly underperforming in the current market for some reason.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
white67

Post by white67 »

I was offered 39k against a new 60 with lower specification - see my post on "car for sale" - my car cost £43k with all its toys so not much thinking required there!
Dealer said it with a completely straight face too.

The story of the new 60? That was the car I originally ordered in October 21 then cancelled when it became apparent it wasn't surfacing for quite some time.
Cleverly the dealer kept it in the queue with Skoda, so they'll win a watch on the sale.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
Markzart

Post by Markzart »

Most of the ex-demo cars on Autotrader are in fact not yet quite "ex" if you ring them up they reluctantly explain that the car is not being released for 3/6/9 months because the replacement demo car is on order, but they don't have a build date for it yet! I think this is just a method of harvesting email addresses and phone numbers for when they might have cars in stock. Incidentally, this isn't peculiar to VW group, the same applies to all the others except Toyota as the Toyota version of an electric SUV is on recall at present with a wheel nut issues. It doesn't stop them putting them on Autotrader, just they cannot actually sell you one or even let you take one for a test drive.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post