‘Shocking’ electricity prices !

The place to discuss everything else..
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

No pun intended!

I thought I’d better start having a look at energy rates, given that my 12.9 p / kWh rate ends in a couple of months.

I just had a look at my own provider, Octopus, and nearly fell of my chair !

What kind of rates are you on?

6700EC09-1C77-439F-B08D-734431DFCB24.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

RichR

Post by RichR »

No off peak, 27.8p per kWh with British Gas. We were on 12p with Neon Reef but got transferred to British Gas when they went bust. Had a look and all the off peak tariffs would leave us worse off than staying on fixed rate. We use about 15-20 kWh per day on average (car doesn’t get charged that often).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Thanks.... You've just ruined my evening!

Currently on Octopus, with the fixed rate ending in a few months.Image

IMG_9123.jpg

iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

prices don't last forever. After revisions you should expect to arise like this
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Pict

Post by Pict »

Goaty wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:17 pm No pun intended!

I thought I’d better start having a look at energy rates, given that my 12.9 p / kWh rate ends in a couple of months.

I just had a look at my own provider, Octopus, and nearly fell of my chair !

What kind of rates are you on?

Currently with EDF on standard tarrif after my fixed rate with them ended. 27.18p flat rate

When I looked at Octopus about 8 months ago they wanted in the region of 38p daytime rate which made it a non starter even then. Can't avoid use of the cooker during the daytime even if we could move everything else. I did email them asking why it was so much more expensive to move electrons down to the south west compared to elsewhere but they never answered. I still laugh inside everytime I see people promoting Octopus
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
richlawr

Post by richlawr »

I am with Ovo on their standard
tariff. , When I called them to check I was paying enough to cover the recent price hike I asked if it was worth switching to their ev tariff . The saleswoman was very helpful and read out the blurb and I thin she believed the company had a genuinely good offer for me , After looking at the figures both electricity and Gas would have cost me more than. the tariffs we are on currently 27.05/kwh for electricity an 7.12 p for gas . plus the stading charges.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post