Tesla Starts to Allow 3rd Party Access In The Uk

The place to discuss everything else..
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

As a current Enyaq owner and future Tesla owner, have mixed feelings about this trial. Providing Tesla superchargers do not become over used, resulting in queuing for Tesla owners, everything will be fine. There will be a few challenges to overcome - the charge port on the Enyaq is on the wrong side for Tesla charger, so will need to occupy the wrong stall - will this immediately limit the number of chargers available because the system was designed for Tesla’s only? European trials suggest this is not a problem. Have to wait until Feb 23 for my Model 3 - if the trial results in reducing one of the key selling points of purchasing a Tesla - access to their supercharger network - might have to reconsider.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

Westy

Post by Westy »

Once they are up and running they’ll open others to non Tesla owners, Elon wants to get access to government subsidies to expand the network and this is the only way - of course if Tesla can also increase income from charging that’s good for them as well.

I’d like to be able to access Superchargers when I need to - mostly on motorway journeys where current infrastructure is only now improving. Having to use the app is a bit of a faff, but not the end of the world i suppose.

If all fast chargers are open then we have competition, that’s a good thing for the user in theory - mind you with wholesale electric prices what they are I don’t see us getting cheaper fast charging any time soon.
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
Pict

Post by Pict »

I have used my Powerpass card (DC charge faster freebie) over 4 weeks since I activated it in January.

Currently my long journeys are few and far between so I will probably just renew that at a similar price to Tesla when it runs out and I need it again. Seems to offer me greater flexibility
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post