Problem Charging when Low.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

On the French A61 southbound everything seemed out of order or ropped off to install additional charges.
Down to less than 10% route planner directed me off motorway to 50KW charger which was out of order I selected other chargers and was directed to a non existant charger and then back to the out of order charger. There seems no way to say charger out of order.
I decided to ignore all and header to a small town which had a 50/22/3 KW charger. The 50KW it said defective.
I connected the 22kw which worked at the expected 11KW.
Went for a few 0.4 ABH beers and returned to wait until I projected 15% charge at destination.

Return northbound found a nice working vacant 50KW.
We need more chargers on motorways, everyone wants to stop for a meal at the same time, for the current situation I would say 4 per service area.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Totally agree. I think this will be the first summer when a lot of people will experience dilemmas such as you had.

First time in 3 years that many people will venture out in their cars across Europe again + far more EV’s being used for this purpose than there was in 2019 (which is probably the last time many of us did head to the continent by car) = interesting test of the EV infrastructure!

I’m still a bit apprehensive travelling around the UK. No dramas yet, but have indeed found chargers to be out of action when Zap Map seemed to indicate they’re operational.

I know someone will pipe up and say the same could apply to petrol stations in remote areas but I’d say: not really; in my last two diesel cars, I could generally get 500 miles of range from a full tank, there was an abundance of petrol stations, and it only took 5 mins to get another 500 miles of range back in the car. Completely different experiences, not in the slightest bit comparable !!

I like driving an EV but the worry never fully subsides on long journeys where I know a charge or two will be required.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post