Observations on new car

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Enjoying the car so far.

A few questions please

1) changing colour of the lights on the dashboard. My dealer changed them to red for me. The car has done several over the air updates in the past 24 hours and now the lights are green and when you go to select a different colour it says option not available! How do I see the software version number? It almost like the software updates have removed features.

2) the reversing camera has come on twice whilst driving forward! But otherwise behaves correctly- anyone else had this issue?
Last edited by IanEV on Tue May 03, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Just briefly:

The LED dashboard lights can only be changed with the ‘ignition’ on. Otherwise it will say this feature is not available.

Reversing camera switching on: in the early days of fumbling around unfamiliar switches, I did indeed switch the camera on inadvertently. Is it possible you might have done this ? I think it can only be turned on at low speeds, from memory.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Reversing camera comes on when you put it in reverse or press the parking sensor switch. Then it'll stay on even if you move forward until you do about 6mph. It's handy when parking sometimes to see when the rear of the car is over the line into a parking space you're entering forwards for example.

Ambient lighting as Goaty said you need the car switched on fully, and then either pick a preset or custom colour (I've gone for the same blue as my car).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

When I push the park assist button, I get a wide angle from view. To get the parking guide lines, I need to slot it into reverse then back into drive - is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

You can tap the icons at the top (not visible until your finger is near the screen) to choose wide angle or parking modes.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Interior lights sorted - thanks Goaty!

The situation that Rich has described is what I’ve had happen, ie reversing camera stays on as you pull forward. I didn’t even realise there was a park assist button- thank you.

I drove to Wales at the weekend - my first motorway drive since the new car’s arrival.

All good - I liked the way the car seemed to automatically slow down from 70 to 50 when coming up to road works - I wasn’t expecting that I has I haven’t paid for driver assistance packages!

I charged up without issue using a 13A plug, the cable was warm but not overly.

In the main we will charge the car at home but will visit family in Wales and southern England regularly both about 2 hours away. I’d calculated that if we spent say 5 hours at the destination then 13A charging would be enough to get us home without the need to visit commercial charging stations. So I was pleased that the theory was correct.

Therefore I think the 60 was the perfect choice for us.

Looking on Autotrader there are some eye watering Enyaq pricing.

£80k at the top end. £35k at the bottom for a 53000 miler!

£43k for a standard spec 60 model - wow!
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger