Heat pump

The place to discuss everything else..
Longhorns

Post by Longhorns »

As I decided to get an enyaq with a heat pump along with some other options, is there an obvious place under the bonnet that it can been seen? I have asked skoda UK, but hey didn't seem to understand the question. Can anyone enlighten me with the answer?
Artic silver 60, 100kw charging, heatpump and a few other goodies.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Not an answer but why would you want to see it ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
Longhorns

Post by Longhorns »

So I know it's been fitted. As I am such a trusting person.
Artic silver 60, 100kw charging, heatpump and a few other goodies.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If you've paid for it. It will be fitted the chances of you opening the power to see a flashing arrow pointing to it are rather slim.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
RichR

Post by RichR »

At the moment detailed information on servicing and component location for the MEB platform that is in the public domain is extremely sparse because it's so new.

Heat pump components in theory should look like aircon components, there'll be a compressor, evaporator and condenser and some high pressure pipework. But it's possible the bulk of it will be in the battery compartment, which is totally sealed. I'm not sure if the evaporator (ie the bit that absorbs heat) will look like a separate small radiator or whether it's part of the HVAC system. And the battery compartment will have coolant pipes going into it whether there's a heat pump or not.

You might be able to deduce its presence if you use an ODB app to pull battery temperature and compare it with a car that doesn't have one for the same outside air temperature after 10-15 minutes of driving maybe?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Iโ€™m not sure how helpful this video will be, but I saw it some months back and shows where the e Golf heat pump resides. May be totally irrelevant with regards to the Enyaq, but anywayโ€ฆ!

iV80 Loft, Black, 21โ€ Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

An easy way to see if you have the heat pump fitted would be to check the air con refrigerant sticker under the bonnet.
If it says r1234yf, then it's just standard Air conditioning.
If it says r700c (or something like that) it will be the heat pump.
The heat pump system uses high pressure carbon dioxide as a refrigerant instead of usual air con gas.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post