My order experience, ended up with car I no longer want.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Sevv

Post by Sevv »

I wanted to share my ordering experience.

I ordered a 60 Suite from Doncaster Skoda Hayselden 7 months ago. Many different packs all carefully considered. 60, Blue, Suite (black leather) HEAT pump, 120KW fast charging (factory confirmed upgrade as time of delivery) Climate package basic, Parking package basic, Infotainment Heads Up Display, Drive package basic, Convenience package basic and Assisted Drive Package Plus.

Nearly 7 months pass. At this point I have borrowed money, reorganised my finances, sold my old car... spending 40k is a massive undertaking and I have organised my life around this purchase. Only a few days from delivery I receive a phone call telling me a mistake has been made and my car does not have the Assisted Drive Package Plus.

Many sleepless nights and many days on the phone trying to get Hayselden to take responsibility for this and I end up with this outcome. Hayselden owned up to the mistake, Skoda as a company wouldn't get involved as the dealer is a separate company and all I got off the price of the car was a pathetic £750. That's a 1.8% discount for the utter inconvenience, incompetence, worry, stress etc.

I was not happy to say the least but we have no car, we need a family car and you cant get another one of these for at least a year. We had to take ownership of it. I tried my best to get Hayselden to give me this car now, build me another one and in a years time swap it over at no additional cost to myself. This did not happen.

I remember the email conversations at the beginning asking the dealer to make sure my order went through as listed. The almost cocky responses I received assuring me they do this all the time just makes me more infuriated they wont take more responsibility for this situation.

So im left with a car I honestly don't want. I wont lie part of the reason I wanted this car was the self drive features. Wondering if I could sell it, I dont know. Its currently just sat on the drive untouched whilst we figure out what to do. There is the odd ex demo model around the country but those are a few thousand more than what I paid and I was already at my money limit. I shouldn't have to spend more money to fix this problem to get the car I was promised.

I dont want this to happen to anyone else.

Dad

Post by Dad »

Sorry to hear this. Do you still have the option to refuse the car?

If you feel so strongly about the missing feature could you reorder the car and buy a runaround to use for a year? Or purchase another one in the market place with this feature.

I wonder if you could claim any costs back from the dealer through MCOL if they can’t provide an acceptable car for you and you have to pay more in the market place to get one? It’s their fault after all.
Last edited by Dad on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
RichR

Post by RichR »

I live just south of Selby, so my choice of Skoda dealer was Haylesden in Doncaster or DM Keith in York or Leeds. All around about 30 minutes to drive to from my house. I have friends very much into VWs who live in Doncaster, and they warned me off using Haylesden because they have also had experiences similar to yours. Very little care about accuracy or customer satisfaction. It doesn't help that they would much rather sell you a VW than any other of the brands they are franchised to sell. When my friend went and looked at an ID.3, the salesperson did his best to talk him out of it saying that the plugin hybrid cars were much better. That's not helpful to the customer. In the end he bought a Tesla ;)

In contrast, DM Keith get nothing but praise for all of their branches, so I decided to use them instead. And I haven't been disappointed at all, made to feel valued at all stages, lots of email and phone updates throughout the time between order and collection, and upon collection they took a good hour to go over the car with us, set up the app and infotainment, check everything was present and working. My wife noticed what seemed to be a scratch on a wing mirror, and the salesperson immediately looked horrified and got one of the bodyshop guys to take a look. Turned out to just be a bit of adhesive from the protective film covering, but he gave the wing mirror a good clean and polish so that we were satisfied it was perfect.

Sadly part of buying anything is not only research into what you want to buy, but also research into where to buy it. It is a shame that if you live in a large town or city you automatically would use the dealer there as it's closest, rather than considering shopping around as much.

You do have the legal right to reject the car, you don't have to have a reason. It might be worth speaking to Citizen's Advice or one a solicitor with retail knowledge to find out how best to proceed. Maybe get a second hand petrol or PHEV car to use whilst you search for a replacement Enyaq - there are a few around so you should come across one with the options you want at some point for a reasonable price.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Oh dear how very painful!

It sounds like you have accepted the car which possibly weakens your legal options. Had you not accepted the car I would have suggested the options below.

Even though you have accepted the car I would still go with option 3 and option 2, if option 3 doesn’t work out. You will just need to state you felt you had no option but accept. Even if they made you sign something I would argue it was an unfair term in a consumer contract and could be struck out (Google that bit)

You have 3 options for me:-

1) keep the car. I can understand why the dealer won’t increase their discount to you. Market economics and the pulling of the £2.5k grant probably mean they can shift it for more than you’re now willing to pay for it.

2) reject the car and claim via money claim online (suing both the dealer and any involved finance company Skoda FS / credit card) for what are called reliance damages. I.e. money you are owed if they hadn’t breached the contract. E.g. £2.5k gov grant, interest on loan, increase cost in buying alternate car due to market shift, stress etc… document and evidence as much as possible but I would think easily £5k claim.

(Notes on this ideally you’d want the online claim to end up in court so the otherside would need to pay for costly solicitors. If a finance house we’re involved this would mean a national company having to travel to Doncaster if county courts are sitting in person at the moment)

3) compromise agreement. Write to the dealer inform them of your intentions under point 2 above giving them 7 days’ notice of your intention to sue them. Suggest you will accept the car for £2.5k discount meeting them in the middle.

With option 3 you are still £5k up due to the grant. You can then either keep the car or flog it.

But if you keep it get it serviced in York or Sheffield:)
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have seen posts which indicate that for cars that have assisted drive package that it may be upgradeable to plus. The comments related to ODBeleven for cars that have the travel assist button and there was a post documenting the change to activate the button. However the post did not confirm that full steering assist was activated.

If the posts I have seen are correct then it implies that in the future Skoda may offer as upgrade.

Having travel assist plus myself I can see why you wanted it. I use it constantly.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

I've seen quite a few post similar to this, basically you've worked hard and ordered a car you really wanted.

I think if you was to accept the order you would regret, personally if you can reject the car. There are plenty of EVs on the market not just from Skoda, plus plenty of Enyaq's on Auto trader.

Write a complaint to Skoda and make some noise about how bad this dealer is.

Are you taking finance? If so, this £750 sounds very much like the discount they are giving to people going down this route. At a minimum , I would ask for a retrofit of the functionality at their cost.

My order experience was bad with the sales people struggling to put the order I to their system. Contact has been awful.

When/if it's built I will be checking everything is on the car prior to signing paperwork , anything missing and it will be rejected.
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

When I ordered mine on 20/10 the assisted drive plus option cost me £915. That was before the recent price increase but may be more than you paid for it in July. Did you pay £750 for the option or are they not even knocking off the full cost? At the very least I’d want the full cost knocking off plus (ideally) either an additional discount or some extras for free (services / dash can etc etc) for the bloody inconvenience. I don’t think loosing assisted drive plus would be a deal breaker for me as long as they made it worth my while but your dealer sounds like they stink! But they know they’ll shift it easily for more money and due to long waiting list probably think they have you by the balls. Ultimately if it’s not the car you want then reject it and look elsewhere and make sure that everyone knows how you feel about that dealer (inc. Skoda).
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus alloys,
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
Ordered 20/10/21 - Delivered 19/07/22
AlanMB

Post by AlanMB »

At the very least when you fill in the Skoda Survey give the dealer a poor review. My daughter gave a Skoda dealer 4 out of 5, and according to hat dealer Skoda came down on them like a ton of bricks for not getting 5 out of 5.
Iv 60 on Order, build week 34. Race Blue, Parking pack basic, transport pack, drive basic and Climate plus

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post