Keeping ignition on when not in vehicle

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Just found a quick way to keep the ignition on when your not in vehicle.

Plug in the drivers seat belt , sit into the drivers seat with your key nearby of course, press the brake pedal - the ignition comes on and then you can get out of the vehicle without it going off !

To turn off - simply push the start/stop button or release seat belt.

Might be useful to somebody when working on the car ?

Not sure if this procedure has been mentioned before.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Been asking about this. Thanks.

How long can you keep it running. I wish to sleep in the car, so need to have ac going for hours.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Erakettu wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:23 pm Been asking about this. Thanks.

How long can you keep it running. I wish to sleep in the car, so need to have ac going for hours.
Quite a while I guess until the battery goes flat !

Be warned the DRL's will be illuminated all the time. But there is a OBD fix for that too.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

tiger tony wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 pm]

Be warned the DRL's will be illuminated all the time. But there is a OBD fix for that too.
You can turn them off on the button on rh side below the air vent?
MatsW

Post by MatsW »

Thanks for the info. I wish to keep my dogs in the car. Can I lock it from the outside in any way??
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you need to leave dogs/children in the car for up to 30 minutes, you don't need to keep the car in Ready mode. When you put it in park (pull the park/handbrake switch, or press start/stop), the infotainment screen gives you the option to turn off the motion sensors ('interior monitoring') and turn on the climate control ('stationary air conditioning' I think it's labelled as). Turn those on, then get out of the car and lock it as normal.

This will keep the climate control running, providing heating, cooling and dehumidification and turn off the motion sensors part of the alarm, but still allow you to lock the doors and leave the car switched off. As the car is effectively switched off and locked, the DRLs and headlights will be off too.

If you need more than 30 minutes of climate control being on, then you may need to fool it into thinking the driver's seat is occupied - but this can a bit dodgy from a legal point of view as you've got a car that a child or dog could theoretically knock the selector into D or R and run someone over.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
lagus

Post by lagus »

This should be so much easier.
My use case is jumping out to pickup up post from postbox, ready lids for trip, pick some6up from trunk or forgot something inside before leaving.

Going through these hoops just to have the entertainment system and Aircon on... Naah this must be made easier!.
**Enyaq Black Sportsline 80** - Ordered March 22 - Delivered Jan -23
Nordic - Assisted Drive Plus - Canton Sound System - Convenience Plus - Parking Plus with 360 cam - Electric Towing Hook - Comfort seat basic - Heatpump
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I’d be very careful! I was once working on the car and was sat in the drivers with door open and I pressed the start button. The car started moving on its own according- it could have been very nasty either for me or the open door hitting something
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post