New Enyaq Questions

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Rdgcuk

Post by Rdgcuk »

Hi All!

Had our Enyaq a few weeks now and had a few issues that I can't see elsewhere. I booked it into a dealer but they were unaware of these issues

1 - Persistent "Travel Assist Unavailable"
Had this today in excess of 40 times on a 1hr journey. Its never been good, but seems to be getting worse. I cleaned the sensor areas but seemed to make no difference. Comes off and on again in a few seconds at times, other times is off for extended periods and other times works!

2 - Cold Air out the climate
I've seen some other comments on similar issues, but still get complaints from people that the car is "Cold" once it reaches temperature. it appears like the system blows out colder air once it's reached temp. Never had that on our previous car (Kodiaq) or on other cars ive been in either... Anyone else had this or a fix? I've tried manual override from auto but short of turning off the fan the same issue appears to happen

The dealer want it for a few days just in case but also said they charge for a courtesy car, £22.50 - Dont ever recall that before, has anyone else been charged for a courtesy car when it goes in for warranty work ?

Thoughts much appreciated!
iV80 Suite - Bigger Wheels, 125Kw Charging, Comfort Basic, Drive Assist +, Convenience Plus, Grey

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have had the occaisional problem with travel assist unavailable since the frosts and condensation started. The windscreen does need to clear. For me if I ignore it clears after a few KM.
In this weather I usually preheat the car.
Your signature does not mention drive assist +?

I have two zone AC, have not noticed any problems and I have had the car 6 months, very pleased with teh Enyaq.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
DanishFamilyMan

Post by DanishFamilyMan »

Rdgcuk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:49 pm Hi All!

Had our Enyaq a few weeks now and had a few issues that I can't see elsewhere. I booked it into a dealer but they were unaware of these issues

1 - Persistent "Travel Assist Unavailable"

2 - Cold Air out the climate
Have/had the same two issues.
The travel assist unavailable warning came out of the blue. Sometime it comes up every 2 seconds for a period of time. Buy when I saw your post it came to me, that it's been a while now (weeks) since the last warning.

Blowing cold air issue was just the same.
Seems to blow out cold air AFTER reaching desired cabin temperature. But that problem is also gone now.
My car had a small OTA update some weeks ago (first edition, and noticed the update since a heated steering wheel icon suddenly is visible in top of infotainment screen) maybe the update solved both issues.
IV 80 First edition, SW 3.0, Black magic, Heatpump, 125kw, Suite cabin, 21" Betria, Towbar, Assisted Drive Plus, Transport package, Climate Package Plus, Comfort seat, Convenience Plus with alarm, Drive Sport Plus, Light and view, family basic.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

@rdgcuk:

Did you also clean what looks like a camera in the windscreen, roughly in line with the rear view mirror? A few days after I got my Enyaq, there was a bird poo right over that area and I had a similar message.

Regarding the cold-air thing after the temperature has been reached; yep - I totally know what you mean. Unlike an ICE car which has a constant source of hot air from the engine, the Enyaq produces heat from some sort of element I guess which switches off (and probably isn’t particularly good at retaining much heat).

It would be better if it stopped blowing air altogether and only came on again to blow warm air - although there might then be window fogging issues.

To help avoid both issues (ie passengers complaining that the air went cold or windows fogging), I tend to leave the temperature on 21, and set the blowers to only blow on the windscreen, avoiding colder air directly blowing on the passengers (or myself!)

Regarding the courtesy car charge - that sounds unreasonable to me. I’d ring a few other Skoda dealerships and ask what they do - and if they don’t charge, then advise your dealership that they are in the minority!

Good luck!!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Rdgcuk

Post by Rdgcuk »

Thanks for the feedback all - had missed Drive Assist + on the signature so do have that. I'll go and try the windscreen again to ensure there definitely nothing there, but it would be something really small if it was! Certainly nothing noticable and this been going on for weeks, so not a short term/intermittent thing so far

On the air con, interesting to not have it pointing at people - could try that, i dont have this issue in our other car (older Leaf) the air essentially turns off, so that would be what i would expect - can get the point on the ICE vs EV concept, mabye a Heat Pump is relevant here, as the Leaf come with them as std. Wander if as suggested it could be software related/something can be fixed - i'll take a look at the ID4 groups and see if any similar posts there as they seem to have a lot of overlap

Will be trying another dealer today, bit more of a trek but seems odd, never had that outside of an optional charge to reduce excess especially when warranty work.
iV80 Suite - Bigger Wheels, 125Kw Charging, Comfort Basic, Drive Assist +, Convenience Plus, Grey
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

One of our offices has the same issue come to think of it; warm air blows until the temperature has been reached, then the elements switch off but the fans keep blowing, chilling anyone sat right under the vents!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, it's not uncommon for climate control systems to overshoot the target and have to apply the opposite temperature air to bring in back to what was desired. My Subaru Outback used to massively overshoot and blow really cold air for a few minutes to get it right. Once it's at the target temperature though, the fans should slow down and it only needs a little cold air (generally car interiors get hotter and hotter due to sunlight and people's bodies causing heating faster than it's lost through the bodywork and windows).

As above - I've always tended to point the vents slightly to the side of where people sit so they're not in the direct air flow, unless you want it of course.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
charliel1234

Post by charliel1234 »

My heated seats don’t work while the car is plugged in charging. For example, charging at a service station you want to sit there with your aircon and seat heaters on and be nice and warm but it won’t let me. I’ve tried with ignition on, off, all sorts! They also don’t work when selected for preconditioning at a certain time. They only seem to work when not plugged in (driving) and stationary.

I’m hoping this is just a switch or some kind of user error but I can’t for the life of me figure it out.

Cheers!
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, Comfort Package Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Basic, 19" Regulus Anthracite Alloys, Parking Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Climate Basic, Family Pack Basic, Electronic Retractable Towbar.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post