Activate main switch?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Just another thought - you do need cruise control turned on for the limiter/ACC settings and Travel Assist to work. That means pulling the stalk in Goaty's picture towards you (so it's not in the fully away position) to enable it. It's not activated unless you pull and release it again, or use the Travel Assist button (where fitted). Thinking about it, the stalk is probably the 'main switch' the message is referring to. I don't think mine's been in the 'off' position since I bought the car... I do flick it away to cancel Travel Assist sometimes, but never as far as the 'off' position.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

kodedjay wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 pm …it says 'activate main switch' on the screen. How do I activate the main switch and what will it then allow me to do?

Good point by RichR. I’ve just been out and mine also says “Activate Main Switch” when the stalk I showed earlier is pushed all the way back. You need to pull it towards you 👍

What I would recommend to anyone trying out their CC / ACC systems for the first time; try to do this on a quiet road with nothing in front (or behind) you…. And keep your right foot ready to brake, if the system accelerates you in a manner you’re not comfortable with. ACC in particular is a great system but takes a while to get used to. You don’t really want to be experimenting with it in busy or built up areas!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post