Activate main switch?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

hi guys, when I roll the silver button up or down on the right hand side of the steering wheel (the one opposite to the volume button which is on the left side of the steering wheel) it says 'activate main switch' on the screen. How do I activate the main switch and what will it then allow me to do?

RichR

Post by RichR »

Press the Driver Assist mode button next to the roller (left one, next to Travel Assist). Then you can use the roller to choose between Adaptive Cruise Control and Speed Limiter.

Not as useful as it could be to be honest, perhaps a later update might add more functionality.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Yep, this one to confirm your selection:

466E8D0F-7F70-4B0D-A087-C9A39A5D786B.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

And then you might need to pull this one towards you to activate your selection:

FEF7FA27-52B3-4717-97D3-9D9E58127337.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
DanishFamilyMan

Post by DanishFamilyMan »

Hi,
You can also push the button to answer a incoming call.
But somehow Skoda don't think that you should be able to end a call with the very same button.
Instead a call can only be ended by touching the infotainment screen.
IV 80 First edition, SW 3.0, Black magic, Heatpump, 125kw, Suite cabin, 21" Betria, Towbar, Assisted Drive Plus, Transport package, Climate Package Plus, Comfort seat, Convenience Plus with alarm, Drive Sport Plus, Light and view, family basic.
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

RichR wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:44 pm Press the Driver Assist mode button next to the roller (left one, next to Travel Assist). Then you can use the roller to choose between Adaptive Cruise Control and Speed Limiter.

Not as useful as it could be to be honest, perhaps a later update might add more functionality.
this hasn't done anything unfortunately. It has stopped the 'activate main switch' appearing on screen but the silver roll button doesn't appear to do anything except display a message that said 'this button has no function on your vehicle" Looks like I cruise control on my car, what a pain, I thought that would have been as standard.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Ah yes - if you don't have ACC enabled it won't do anything useful. And if you don't have ACC fitted to the car at all it won't do anything at all.

Please could you put the spec of your car in your signature so we know what packs you've got?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

how do I find out the exact spec please?
RichR

Post by RichR »

Did you order the car, or is it a dealer stock car? If you ordered it, then you should have a list of what packages your ordered on the order confirmation form. If it's a stock car, then you might need to get the brochure and work out what packages it has and what it doesn't have.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

kodedjay wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:38 am how do I find out the exact spec please?

As far as I’m aware (and I might be corrected by others), I think there are two ‘versions’ of ‘Cruise Control’ (CC) at present. They both include a Speed Limiter, but the CC differences are as follows:

All Enyaq’s currently have a basic level of CC where you can set the speed you’re driving at, and it’ll hold that speed. However if the vehicle in front slows down, you won’t unless you take control yourself. Hopefully the safety systems prevent you actually crashing into the back of something but don’t test it ;-)

Then there’s Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) which is not standard. It currently comes with the Assisted Drive pack. It will allow you to slow down and speed up automatically according to the speed of the vehicle in front - or according to what the system thinks is the right speed for the road ahead. It also starts and stops driving the car forwards in traffic jams (Traffic Jam Assist).

If you have ACC, then I believe the stalk should look exactly like the one below. It will be different if you have normal CC.

4A2C547C-1A4A-4AB8-AE60-1FC8CCF7D0A7.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post