Anyone experimented with driving modes?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Apart from sport mode, is there much or any difference in efficiency between Eco, Comfort and Normal? Have you found yourself changing modes within a single journey to suit the road type, or is it more set and forget?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

The most noticeable difference that I have found-when driving on private roads of course-is that ECO limits top speed to 80mph. I don’t know if this applies to all Enyaqs with ECO or just mine.

Fossilnot
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Did a 54 mile round trip from home last week and did engage ECO for the return trip - this increased the predicted range from 153 to 163. I suspect this is mainly due to the Air Con and heating being reduced on ECO. I did achieve 3.6 miles per KW which is best so far in my short ownership. It was unseasonably mild at 14c here in Dorset. To me the car felt slower in ECO but this was not borne out by the ability to maintain chosen speeds whilst going up road inclines.

The VAG systems default to NORMAL so you have to select ECO or SPORT every time you restart, unlike BMW for example which remembers your chosen mode. Others will have covered higher mileages and may have better evidence of the effectiveness of different modes.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

I did some testing on mine.

There is definitely a difference in how the power is output between ECO and Normal/Sport.

0-60 times are 4 seconds slower in ECO.

If I am going on a longer run on the motorway I will engage ECO and like someone said the range is slightly increased.

But I have found that range is far greatly impacted by wind, rain and temperature than which mode your in.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Matthias Speicher (https://twitter.com/speicher_ev) has done a video, with English subtitles, explaining the different drive modes, suspension options, and RWD/AWD.

One day I hope to be able to used the knowledge he's shared :lol: though I presume I'll get 3.x by the time I get mine, so it will have changed a little.

Video here: https://youtu.be/ZyImyJ8guRQ

Tweet here: https://twitter.com/speicher_ev/status/ ... 8378571776
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

I tested this on a 100 mile round trip earlier this week and found no difference between ECO and Normal. However, when possible we travel with climate off, the sunroof helps with this, albeit slightly more drag. I won’t be bothering with any setting other than Normal now.
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
RichR

Post by RichR »

ECO reduces the power available to the heating and aircon, so it'll take longer to get to the set value. However once it's at the set value, there won't be much difference as the system won't be working very hard to maintain the temperature rather than change it by a reasonable bit. I have to say I tend to just leave it on Normal.

The main differences between the modes is the throttle response (ie how far you have to press the pedal to command the car to accelerate by a certain rate) and regen settings (eg Sport puts it on full regen, like B mode to make the car decelerate when you're off the pedal more, so it feels more on/off rather than smooth coasting). If you have progressive steering, then the steering response is changed in Sport mode to make it quicker. And if you have DCC then Comfort mode will soften the suspension setting too.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

which is the button to switch ECO on and off as I cannot find it ,it shows ECO on the info screen at the bottom on the left but there does not seem to be any physical buttons below this
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you have a 60 and didn’t spec a Drive package then you won’t have any drive modes. 80s come with Drive Basic (or Drive Sport Basic if Sportline) as standard.

I suspect the ECO you’re referring to is the passenger side climate control setting, which is ECO when the seat is empty (saves energy).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

Cheers for the info that explains it all

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post