How do I know if I have DC fast charging as standard?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

Hi guys, how do I know if I have DC fast charging as standard? how can I check this in my car? Looking at skoda, from 1st Dec they say all new models will be fitted with DC fast charging as standard. I received my car in Dec, but guess it was fitted with 50kw charging when it was being build, which was before Dec. How do I check please?

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

All car come as standard with DC Fast charging. Vars built after I think it was week 48 of this year will come with 100kW as standard over the old 50kW.

Get dealer to check your VIN on the system, I don't think there is a skoda vin decoder online lilw there is for other brands I may be wrong.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

thanks BioHzrd, is there anyway I can check this in my car anywhere in the settings? if it was week 48 of the year, my car could be either to be honest.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I don't think there is any way to check in the car what level of DC charge you can take, easiest thing to do is get your SOC below 15% and plug into a 150kW+ rapid charger and see what you get.

I only achieved 25kW on a rapid the other day (20% SOC) I only have 50kW as no point in faster wmfor the journeys I'll be doing.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
RichR

Post by RichR »

You won't find it anywhere in the settings. The only way to confirm what it might charge at is to try it on a warm, very depleted battery on a suitable charger (probably a 350kW one - some of the 150kW never quite reach that on most 400V EVs, only on 800V ones like Porsche Taycan and Ionic 5).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

Here's the spec I received when ordering the car,

"SKODA ENYAQ 132kW 60 ecoSuite Nav 62kWh 5dr Auto"

Is 132kW is the max charge I will get out of a 150kW charge station, is that what is means?
RichR

Post by RichR »

132kW is the power of your motor (equivalent to about 177 bhp).
62kWh is the capacity of the battery.

The maximum charging rate is not included in the model description. If you added is as a chargeable option (ie before it became mandatory in September) then you'll have an option code for it in the section for optional packages. But as some more recent cars got an upgrade at the factory to even higher rates (eg 120kW on 60s), the only way to tell for sure would be to either get a Skoda dealership to plug their diagnostic computer in and find the software version of the battery management software and cross reference that with what it supports - or far easier, just try it and see what you get.

In real terms though you'll rarely get 100kW for more than 15 minutes even if the car supports it, due to the charging curve I mentioned in your other thread.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Miket

Post by Miket »

Thereโ€™s talk that in some countries Skoda ar doing free upgrades to the charging system Iโ€™ve 60 up to 100kw and iv80 up to 125kw but itโ€™s also said that the higher charge rates are only best from about 20% battery charge, the upgrade is a software tweak
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Yeah that won't happen in the UK I guarantee you.

kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

Hereโ€™s a picture of me currently charging does that mean I have the smaller battery?

09583681-95DA-4147-B43F-EA2F25AE4174.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post